Used 2004 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

My Wife's New Car
By hisdad

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Scenario: Our 14 year old son had outgrown the backseat of our 1997 Acura Integra GSR. We needed a mid- sized sedan. My wife prefers to drive a manual transmission and wanted a little zip. Possible Choices:Altima, Passat, 6s. (Accord and Camry did not offer a manual transmission w/V6) Outcome: Although, the 6 does not perform like the Acura, by any means, it suited our needs. Adequate acceleration, excellent handling and braking for a car in this size and price range, sporty appearance, and price (MSRP was $5000 less than comparably equipped Altima or Passat) were the factors in making our final decision. Epilogue: My wife chose to keep her 6s when I

The handling, braking, heated leather seats are fantastic. The Mazda 6s is not every other car on the road. The ability to use regular gas.

Better acceleration and gas mileage. (The car has a lag in acceleration from a full stop.) My wife is fairly height-challenged (5'3") and finds the steering wheel does not adjust to the angle she would like because it blocks the guages.

Better than the Accord hands down
By orange73

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For evreything you get with the 6, it with out a doubt is one of the best values out there. I had an Accord that a traded for my new 6 and the comparisons are not even close. The 6 looks better inside and out and is much more exciting to drive. The horses are a little low but the smooth-fun drive more than make up for the lack of power. This may be the best investment I have made on a vehicle. Bottom line, Mazda has sold me, I will be back for more. Very impressed!

Interior. Love the all the extras at not a high price. Nice comfortable seats. Very clean European style dash. Bose stero sounds great. Exterior has a sporty exciting look witht the 17 inch low profile wheels and ground effects. The dual exhaust even on the 4 cylinder is sharp.

Could use more ponies under the hood. Other than that Mazda has hit a home run with this car!

love my new 2003 mazda 6 zoom zoom
By Tammesimon

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I shopped around in the price range of 20000 or less, and was surprised when i came aross the new 2003 Mazda 6 hands down I think it really gives the compa- tition a run for the money, its style comfort it seats a person 6'2 with plenty of head room it handles the road in hair-pin turns with no problem, very fun to drive, love the manual shift just tap the plus, or minus with no clutch it makes driving a joy, and thats a feature you would normaly see on more expensive cars like maybe my sisters bmw mazda has really took notice of what the average consumer is looking for, and they are delivering with 120% I just cant say enough about this car

the automatic manule shift, the instrament panel color at night makes it very easy to read the bushed metel center controls nice, the safety features, of air bags, I just feel safe and that mazda stands behind there work with 24 hour road service i like that

only thing i might change would be the cordaroy apolstery

Great car for the money
By saojorge

2004 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I spent about three or four months researching cars and comparing the specs and pros and cons of nearly every mid-sized sedan, and I always came back to the 6. The brakes are very responsive as is the handling. For a sedan it takes corners like a champ. I have driven it hard and it shows no signs of slowing down or wearing out. All around a great car for those who are family oriented but still want to have a little fun on the road.

I love the red display lights and the fact that they can be dimmed. The bright green lights in most cars now are annoying to say the least, but the red in the 6 is a nice touch. The Bose sound system is also a favorite of mine, it has a real clear crisp sound at any volume level.

THe only thing that I am not too keen on in the 6 is the fact that the seat heater only has one setting and after awhile it gets to be pretty hot, it would be good to add a couple more heating levels (maybe low, medium, then high).

Mazda 6 Go head and buy it if it's new.
By Dr Sam

I like it and have no problams. Very Fast and smooth. I give it A+

The leather seats and 6-disk changer and spoiler.

Wood Steering wheel.