2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

s 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (63 reviews )
Luvit but Hatit
By Noah Hansell on 03/12/06 14:29 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car looks and feels like a million dollars from the inside out. The lines on the trim to the outstanding handling put you on the top. I recommend buying this car for yourself not the wife; it is no minivan! This car to me compares to having a Mustang station wagon but still rides well on the highway, especially at high speeds.

love the car
By mike on 02/18/06 10:28 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great overall car. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a sporty car that's not too big and yet not too small. The 4 door is perfect.

Wagon o' sports
By Mike St on 12/23/05 16:17 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had way too many cars first off. This one ranks in the top 3 or 4. I recently acquired it from my wife a few months ago as we thought she needed a minivan again. This car drives absolutely awesome, a little soft on low rpm power. Handles better than many "sports" cars. Great brakes. Solid quality feel. Loaner car during service is great. I avg 23mph, 27-28 on road trip in the mountains. Bose is great. It just feels right to me.

Great Value!
By mojay on 12/23/05 14:12 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We have had our 6s for 6 months without any problems. We had a VW Passat prior to the 6 and had countless problems with it. We love the sportiness of the drive and the high feature content in the interior. It was a great value compared with other vehicles with the same option list.

Bang for the Buck
By Jim D on 12/06/05 14:07 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 20k miles on it, got a screaming deal - the market seems to be flooded with them right now. There are a few peeves with the car in terms of build quality compared with my older, Japan-built Mazda, but hey, if you need a station wagon and are on a limited budget this car is a heck of a choice and a lot of fun to drive. Handles like it's on rails, gets up and goes and turns heads. Before you settle for a Passat or waste your money on an Audi or Beemer, take the time to drive one. Zoom-zoom!

Nice car, but....
By rekow on 12/04/05 15:21 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got this car loaded - everything except the leather. After a year and 26,000 miles, I still enjoy it, but it's not without faults. It's a good blend of utility, looks, comfort and sportiness. It does lots of things well, but nothing really great. It's quick enough, but doesn't inspire me to race (could use 30 more hp). It's fuel efficient enough, but no Civic. The handling is good, but only in dry weather (bad tire choice - I can't wait to replace them). It looks great (especially in black) and I still find myself staring at it. Definitely stands out in the crowd. The interior is well laid out. Seats are firm and comfortable, but the fabric pills up like a cheap sweater.

Best wagon owned
By Tyler Turley on 10/22/05 02:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this fantastic car for just over a year now and just love it! I have a family of 4 and have taken several long vacations in this car and there was plenty of cargo room and comfortable seating for everyone. I have had no problems with this car at all. I was a little disappointed in the gas mileage, sticker said 28 mpg and I'm getting about 22 or 23 mpg. Overall I'm very impressed with this car.

Mazda 6
By Ricky on 09/05/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2004 Mazda 6 V6 5 speed Automatic Wagon for about nine months. Love this car. The handling is rigid and confident. Cornering is exceptional. Autostick is fun to play with. Interior design is luxurious and comparable with German cars. Exterior design totally turn heads anywhere I go! The only down side is the fuel economy. I am getting 22 mpg average, I was expected a little more on this V6 wagon. So far, I am very happy with the car, no unexpected repairs so far. I just have been changing oil every 4000 miles (manufacture suggest 5000 miles) and also routine tire rotation and alignment.

Zoom Zoom with room
By midnightmike on 08/31/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had previously owned a Chevy Avalanche for my dj business. Even though I loved my truck, I felt it was time to downsize. I saw the Mazda wagon at the Chicago Auto Show. My wife and I liked the car very much. The next day, we bought one. She had a 2001 Protege so I knew about Mazda's reliability. This car handles all of my equipment without a problem. This car can really move and handle like a race car. I just love driving it. The color is Steel Gun Grey and it is fully loaded. Everyone I run into thinks it's a Dodge Magnum. The Dodge is too expensive and really isn't that much roomier than the 6. You really cannot beat the price of the 6 and everything you get for the money.

Mixed Bag
By Bobby on 08/28/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Wagon s 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am easy on my vehicles and drive them for 10-12+ years. I hope this car passes the Toyota quality/dependability test. Inside quality seems good (although the small door forward of the shift lever comes unhinged and a lens on the lower driver door light fell out) Controls for the HVAC are dumb. Did any of the designers try to work these things? Knobs either need to project farther and have knurling on them or they need to be rotary dials. Ditto for the radio. The same goes for the multi-function stalks. Move the rear wiper to the dash and simplify. Fuel mileage stinks. I would like to see the 4 cylinder and 16" tires available in the full tilt wagon pkg. I hope reliability is good.