2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
More fun that you may think
By DL on 02/09/10 19:06 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new, auto w/ manual shift, minimal other frills. Overall, it rides a bit like an Euro car, feels bit stiff but soaks up bumps well. I don't like how most Japanese cars wallow but then kick you when it gets bumpy. Engine w/ auto is slow-ish, but fast enough to get you into illegal speeds anyway. Handling is far above average; I find it more engaging even than my '09 G37. It did have a software glitch, stalled a couple of times the second year; fixed under warranty. No other problems in almost 95k miles driving in the punishing Boston climate/traffic/pothole combo. No regrets. If the new Mazda6 wasn't so corpulent, I'd get another one.

Hot hatch levels of performance in sedan
By Will Levine on 01/17/10 15:26 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. Sure, some of the car's interior feels cheap, and the comfort levels could be better, but remember this car was cheaper than all its rivals, yet drove even better. Performance is fantastic from the 220 bhp 3.0 V6 engine, sometimes you don't realize exactly how fast you're going. A complaint would be that the manual mode is jerky and dim-witted, and doesn't auto blip on the down shifts. Both down shifts and up shifts aren't instantaneous. Fuel economy is atrocious. Granted, I drive in a "spirited" manner, but i only average 17.4 mpg. I recommend the 4 cylinder model, that car weighs less, gets better mpg, and probably handles better. In short, it's great, buy it.

sweet ride
By mldawg on 12/29/09 16:01 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. Mazda did a great job designing this car.

Good Value
By dtyner on 12/14/09 06:35 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before buying this car I had done a lot of research on cars in its class and for the money there is no car that even compares. My particular car is fully loaded and still costs less than any of its competitors. My car has the manual gearbox that shifts perfectly, and the v6 motor that has not great power but the a range of power that makes it feel sporty. The engine makes a decent note with the stock exhaust. The clutch has great feel. Stiff enough to have fun on the track but soft enough that your left leg wont shadow your right. The Handling is amazing. Very limited body roll but then road noise at highway speed is very loud. Overall a great car for the money.

Mazda 6-cess!
By randy on 12/11/09 16:45 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my car to replace my totaled mazda b-2500. the only complaints i have is the notchy gearbox and various rattles but that's it. my mazda is rock bottom of the 04 mazda6 lineup- no moon roof, automatic trans, leather, multi disk player etc. but the interior design is very good and roomy. cars good for aggressive driving and sounds the part too. some say it doesn't get enough horse power and mileage but mine with a aftermarket intake has 30-40 extra hp and 2-3 more mpg, so don't change the car change the intake.

Uber good mazda
By randy on 12/03/09 19:00 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car to replace my mazda b- 2500 after it was rear ended at 70 mph by a much larger truck, its very roomy, comfortable, controls are easy but the gearbox is a bit notchy. car goes 0-60 in under 5 seconds with after market intake, the red display is cool, I am a VERY aggressive driver and this mazda seems to fulfill my needs. this is an easy car to work on if it develops any problems. the car i have is rock bottom of the 04 mazda6 line but im still pleased. zoom! zoom!

uber fast mazda
By randy on 11/11/09 15:04 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second car which replaced my Mazda b-2500 that got rear ended and annihilated by a hummer. Great speed, acceleration, comfort, I love the red display at night. The shifter is notchy but smooth engine. I am a very aggressive driver and this car suits my needs. However, the accelerator seems to have a mind of its own when cruising for 4th or 5th gear (it revs by itself) and the dealership cant figure it out. But this car has a huge amount of space and I will keep driving it as long as I keep my distance from those hummers.

Not too bad
By treed67 on 10/26/09 06:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought car new. I think the automatic shifter is a little sloppy. When traveling at slow speed (like slowing down to turn) if I give it the gas to zip through my turn it will kinda lag. Or not downshift as I feel it should. Note if in manual mode no issue whatsoever. At 73000 miles my wheel bearings went. This turned into a month long nightmare with another area dealer trying to fix it. Took 4 return trips for them to finally figure out that one wheel bearing they replaced was bad. And by that point they also had to replace a hub as well. But they did get it fixed and not charge me any extra to fix. All in all I do like this car. If you like playing twister then getting into car should be ok

Awesome Ride!
By BigT on 07/27/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and have never regretted it. It is THE best car I've ever owned and plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off. With 73k miles on it so far the only things I've done were normal wear and tear items, new brakes, tires and a battery. I did have to have the radio antenna replaced because I knocked the old one off while washing the car. She still looks great and I get lots of comments on how nice it is. Not a rattle on her and she drives like a dream. It's a shame that the big 3 can't build them this good. Sporty style with a very comfortable interior. I'm 6' and weigh 280 pounds and am very comfortable in this car.

Good Car !!!
By edblackmon on 06/01/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car has been real good to drive. It has a youthful look. Just enough room for small family. Gas is good with A/C. No problems with vehicle.