2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
I've loved it for the last 4 years.
By sranco on 02/08/13 05:46 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used in the summer of 09 with 129k on it. It now has 157k on it and I still love it. It has great handling and decent power for a 4 cylinder. These cars have a very good suspension IMO. It can handle tight turns at good speeds without offering too stiff of a ride. Mine has 17 inch tires, which probably makes a bit of a difference over the stock 16's. The interior is also well appointed and really comes alive at night with the interior lighting. If you like to play golf this car will also suit you well, there is easily enough room for 3 golf bags. The back seat can be a little tight though.

Love this Car!
By Mazda Lover on 06/13/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love, love, love this car! This has been an amazing car! Drives and handles like a sports car. I have never had any major, or minor, problems with it. Part of the LCD display for the air vent was out when I bought it. I have the 4-cylinder manual and consistently get 32 MPG! This car handles well in all weather and elevations. Love the brakes and tight steering. Very responsive and smooth on the highway. I get lots of complements on the car and everyone that drives it loves it as well. I will be getting another Mazda when I finally have to part with this one.

Better than an Accord
By ADD on 05/09/10 15:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe and a 2004 Mazda6. Mazda6 wins in reliability and usability than the Honda hands down. However the Honda scores in engine power and feel of the car (partly because it is a 2.4 L coupe). I think the Honda gives a better mileage too. However the Mazda is awesome when it comes to reliability as I have not had to spend anything on it since I have owned it (fingers crossed!). I prefer the ride quality over Honda because of the quite engine and zippy steering.

More fun that you may think
By DL on 02/09/10 19:06 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new, auto w/ manual shift, minimal other frills. Overall, it rides a bit like an Euro car, feels bit stiff but soaks up bumps well. I don't like how most Japanese cars wallow but then kick you when it gets bumpy. Engine w/ auto is slow-ish, but fast enough to get you into illegal speeds anyway. Handling is far above average; I find it more engaging even than my '09 G37. It did have a software glitch, stalled a couple of times the second year; fixed under warranty. No other problems in almost 95k miles driving in the punishing Boston climate/traffic/pothole combo. No regrets. If the new Mazda6 wasn't so corpulent, I'd get another one.

Great Bang for the Buck!
By VengefulTick on 04/22/09 09:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new for my wife in early 2004. We broke it in by driving it from Colorado Springs, CO to Anchorage, AK via Canada. It has never let us down, always been a great car

Great Car!
By stephf on 08/08/08 16:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car brand new. It has 90K miles on it now. I haven't had one problem with it so far. It has plenty of power. The rear spoiler really dresses up the car nice. It's an all round great sporty car to drive! I love it!

First Mazda
By Jacko on 08/11/07 18:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased new in '04 and love this car. Get compliments on exterior design all the time. Got the Luxury, Sport, Security, and Bose packages all in a manual 4-banger and love all these features. With the small engine, I really don't push this car hard, but it gives me all the power I need, with the exception of some throttle lag in 1st or 2nd gear. Stock Michelins terrible in snow. Had clutch replaced due to shudder, and brakes and rotors twice due to abnormal and untimely wear, all noted by Mazda bulletins. Hope current models have these problems ironed out cause I still love this car.

Awesome Car!
By Jeff on 07/12/07 17:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mazda6i brand new with 55 miles on it. It currently has 97,000 miles on it. I chose the 2.3L 4cyl and I have had zero trouble with it. It handles like a dream and it's a lot of fun!! I bought the sport package with moonroof/bose/17" wheels etc. It's been a great car and it's paid for!! I will never get rid of this car and it's absolutely wonderful to drive. I feel the same way I did when I bought it brand new. Confident and classy.

Fun to Drive
By Richard on 04/07/07 05:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought that a 4 door sedan could be this fun to drive. I have the 4 cyl. with 5 speed and it has plenty of power, handles excellent in corners and highway speeds. I bought this Mazda6 with the intention of giving it to my son when he turned 16 and now that the day has arrived, I hate to give it up. The a/c works great, shifting is smooth and quick with its short throw design and it comes with some special features not expected in this cars price range, like dimming lights after entering the car, auto shut off headlights, if you forgot, great bose stereo system, electronic trunk release and many other features you would not expect for the price. All and all a great car to drive

Great car so far
By nmone84 on 03/04/07 01:40 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Acquired used 2 years ago with 28k miles & it has been very reliable thus far. Only issues I've had are dead pixels on the LCD display (Mazda replaced unit free under warranty) & lately the throttle has been irregular on cold start which lasts until it's warmed up. Performance slightly above average, as is gas mileage (in 90% city traffic). As for the iPod integration complaints, it IS possible (mine works great) - it's just not easy. You need an adapter (which isn't cheap, about $200), & you need to solder a jumper on the L716 location of the HU because Mazda never made the CD changer port active in the stereo.