Used 2004 Mazda Mazda6 s Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Better cars out there
By greg

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is sharp looking and hatchback is awesome. Gas mileage and lack of hp is poor. Had a lot of brake rotor problems and a wheel bearing out at 50,000 miles. Eats tires every 30k despite correct alignment and quality tires. Car has excellent paint quality.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, style, comfort, ride

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage, more power, better overall reliability, resale value

Nothing too fancy but a great family car
By jccables

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the car very recently and have put about 200 miles on it and love the car so far. The handling on it for a front wheel drive wagon is superb for the price I paid for it ($9000) and the engine seems to have the power needed to haul the little bit of extra weight around all the time. Myself and my girlfriend have 3 kids between the two of us and we can all ride comfortable without a problem around town and still have enough room to pick up groceries if we need to. Traded my 02 xterra for better gas economy and a firmer ride. Didn't have a need for 2 SUVs

Favorite Features

Bose surround!, 4 wheel disc brakes, the wagon feature is a great thing to have for added cargo space, gas mileage over an SUV with all the room. The paint on the car seems to be of very high quality as well which is getting increasingly hard to find on any vehicle nowadays. Great car for the price!

Suggested Improvements

the back bumper sits out a little farther from the hatch than I'd like and as most people have stated the turning radius on the wagon is really bad. other than that i have no complaints at this time.

Disappointed...
By B Raymond

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 20,000 mi. LOVED this car, how it drove how it looked, the amount of room. But after about a year every few months we had to replace something: the clutch, the shocks, tires (2x), and air box system. Finally the engine in the car blew due to a cracked seal that caused the oil to leak dry(the oil was changed every 3000 mi). the carpeting is coming off in the cabin area and the drivers side speaker goes in and out. So we are getting rid of the car (after taking a huge hit on the loan) and never buying another mazda.

Favorite Features

Loved the way it looked, very sporty. Loved to drive this car super fun.

Suggested Improvements

made VERY poorly, I heard many other owners in our area with the same problems.

I LOVE IT!
By Ashley R.

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ive had my car for a few years now and can say that I'm very satisfied, I get so many comments on the car cause it looks like something that would cost a lot more then it actually dose. I get great gas mileage I get about 28.5 mpg. The car handles like a go kart, and has the looks to back it up.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, sweet looking car, handling, heated seats, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

None the car is perfect hope they don't change the new ones much.

Perfect car
By John Mathews

2004 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 4 years now and can say its been a pleasure. I get about 27 mpg, car has not had a single problem also has plenty of room and power. The trunk on this car is HUGE!!

Favorite Features

Great MPG. Plenty of power. Looks great, handles like a dream.

Suggested Improvements

None that come to mind.