Next best thing to a BMW
By Laura Allred on
2003 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I love my 2003 Mazda6s! And my previous car was a 1989 BMW 325is. Other than my getting used to front wheel drive in the Mazda, the 6s handles remarkably well compared to the BMW. I love a car with great road feel, and this car is glued to the road. I love the 5 speed manual transmission and the 17" wheels. Got the complete sport package. Such performance in an everyday car makes the commute to work in the morning my fun time! And what a value. Other than routine maintenance, I have had no problems. It's a sweet car if you believe that unless you use both hands and both feet, you aren't really driving. If you want to float down the highway on a sofa, better get a Lexus.
Favorite Features
Love the get-up-and-go the V6 has. This car can move! Great handling and turning ratio. Great safety features. Great styling for a "sensible" car. Love the red instrument panel for night driving. The automatic rear view mirror dimmer is wonderful. Seats are very comfortable, and roomy in back.
Suggested Improvements
Needs a rear windshield wiper. The chenille upholstery forms pills like crazy with the fibers from clothing. The green light on the instrument panel that glows when headlights are on is highly annoying at night. So is the driver's side window that goes down all the way at a push of the button.