2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Mazda Cars Rock
By Raymond on 06/24/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I can't say enough nice things about the car. I love it so much I just purchased the Mazda 3 also. These cars rock. I think that says it all.

Pure Joy
By Mike on 05/21/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 6 for almost 3 years now and I love it. It has great power and very smooth, tight steering. A very smooth ride with good suspension and a great transition between gears, even while flooring it. I've added on a few aftermarket features (performance exhaust and tires, along with street glow and window tint) and I'm going to add more in the future (performance intake) but even without the add ons, the 6 had plenty of power and is a great ride.

After Three Years - Still the one!
By zzzooom1 on 03/24/06 12:21 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After three years of ownership,the Mazda is still the outstanding car it was when I purchased it. It handles great, it continues to be the best looking car on the road, and it has been dependable in all conditions. At 40K, some minor annoyances were all repaired quickly and satisfactorily under warranty: the Bose subwoofer became "crackly", and the drivers seat bolster (leather) became "floppy". The car has begun to use a slight bit of oil (1/4th qt per 3K miles) but the gas mileage has improved since new. 24 mpg back and forth to work and 30 mpg on a recent interstate trip between Norfolk, VA and Charlottesville, VA and back. If I needed a new car, a Mazda 6 would again be my choice.

I love this car!
By Christine Sullivan on 03/20/06 19:33 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda6 for 3 years and, after all this time, I still feel like I GET to drive it! It's a blast to drive, is extremely stable in turns, has been completely reliable and it's gorgeous! This car handles like a dream.

My Junk 6
By Lisa's 6 on 03/20/06 13:24 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Well, my problems began at around 900 miles. First it was the brakes. Ended up they had to be replaced at 7000 miles. Next the paint began coming off of the black strips running up the doors. Then, my transmission was leaking. Next, the back passenger speaker works only when volume is turned way up. I tried numerous times to get these problems worked out where I purchased, they never could "duplicate the problem." Finally went to another dealership. Some problems have been fixed and some haven't. Brakes are making a popping noise, car is surging, interior lights flicker, and car has been at dealer since Feb. 27. There's always a problem. I have contacted a lemon lawyer and they took my case.

Mello Yello...King of the jungle!
By David LaPadula on 02/24/06 19:34 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have had Mello Yello for 2 years and 40k. After initial flurry of recalls, and a clutch replacement at 31k (under warranty) I have had no problems. Period. Solid little warrior who attacks the twisties and wet roads with a driving passion. I love it. Just wish mine had abs, traction and stability control. Because of the product and backup service, I'll be looking at an RX8 or a Mazdaspeed3 for my next car. My current plate on my 6 reads ZOOMIN 6. LOVE IT!

Mazda 6 :)
By Karla on 01/24/06 09:45 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda6, for the most part. The interior has a lot of rattles that they couldn't resolve. The cooling fan has already been repaired once and is running overtime again. It is fun to drive and is "cool" with the teenagers, even though it is a "Mom's" car. Had planned to pass it down to my teenager, but not ready to let it go!

Happy Mazda Owner
By DanM on 12/19/05 20:04 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like to drive the car, it handles great on Vermont mountain roads, is great on longer runs on the Interstate and has given me no trouble. Performance is good, plenty of power. Highly recommend one. I just wish they would offer an all wheel drive model.

Mixed Emotions
By jimsrod on 12/03/05 11:18 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Performance, comfort and functionality are balanced nicely with the 6s. The interior/exterior are the most sporty and the price is very competitive for its class. Mazda service has been okay in trying to resolve issues. The dashboard makes an annoying noise as well as the sunroof "ticks or pops". I still need to take it to the dealer for the dashboard so I can't give a negative there but they can't pinpoint the sunroof noise. Brakes could be better but that's not just a Mazda problem, all manufacturers have brake issues. Throttle response was annoying but Mazda fixed it. 1st year of a new model but I got 0% financing so it was worth it. All cars have issues so overall I'm happy.

100 Ochkov!
By slivka on 11/14/05 14:06 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you care anything at all about the "fun part of driving", the 6 delivers. The steering feel, the springy suspension, the growl of the V6 (when pushed), all produce nothing but smiles. It is also so ever beautiful on the outside and tasteful on the inside. The car is a bit loud and feels somewhat less refined than Camry or Accord, but on the fun side of the equation it is way ahead. Also with Mazda's discounts our 6 was a bargain compared with similarly equipped Camry or Accord.