2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Wow.
By Tim Taylor on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing! It is so fun to drive and it is very stylish. IT handles great and has some nice pop to it. The reason I got this is because I can't wait until June to get the RX- 8, and even then I may have chosen the Mazda6 over the RX-8! Great car great car great car!

Great European Sedan
By Atenza Driver on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice car. Very good handling, braking, steering feel is awesome. Quality of interiour is better than in BMW-3. Sometimes I wonder is it a Mazda vehicle? I drove 626 3 years ago and it felt worse than Ford Escort... This car is like made by a whole different company.

GIDDEYUP!!!!!!
By agent0 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchesed V6 black exterior/interior fully loaded,leather,moon roof,5peed auto,Sports Package, Comfort package. Right now only car that I felt GA GA over!. Handles Great. I would recommend this car to anyone. Haggle ur self a good price,and u should be set.

Test drive.
By Is on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Been wanting one of these, but am currently waiting to finish paying off my 99 Miata. I test drove both the Mazda6 s and the "i". The "i" was nice overall, but I think a 4cyl. is just not enough for that car. The "s" was really excellent. The dash on the "s" has the three comfort control knobs with lit rings that look so cool. The "s" also had a lot of power and I found it to be quite speedy. The AT tranny was disappointing, mainly because I've never liked Auto transmissions. The dealership informs me that the 5spd manuals won't be available until Feb where I live, and I told them that without a 5spd manual, I wouldn't even consider buying the car.

great overperforms
By lovethenewmazda on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It overperforms compared to the competition. The breaking is simply outstanding. The handleing is identicaly great. Acceleration could be faster but after putting some miles on the car it improved to more than enough. Exterior is beautiful. Interior could only be improved by a higher quality leather and better conntrols for the dimming of the dash lights. flat out love it!!!!. Only time will tell if the reliability is as great as the car seams to be.

Impressions after 2 days and 540 miles
By Ksee on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car really rocks. Handling is expetional, and the European tuned suspension works really well for me (since I'm European). Seats are extremely comfortable for me, but some might find them to firm. The manual transmission is near to perfect, but the cluch travels a bit too much for my taste. If you plan to buy this car, go for the stick shifter, even if it is a bit more difficult to obtain (dealers usually stock automatic ones). I would buy the same car again. I think this tells everything.

The 6 S is worth your hard-earned cash!
By GavinMichaels on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been intrigued with the Mazda 6 ever since the first photograph was released. My current car is a crappy Saturn SC2 but I previously owned a Mazda 626 about 5 years ago and while it was a fine car, it simply didn't do anything to get my blood pumping. The 6 has changed that and by a large margin. It all starts with the engine which lets out a ripping snort any time you tap the accelerator. The exterior styling is a huge step forward from the 626, with sporty curves and lines that hug the frame. The ride quality is better than what I expected, though potholes and large road defects will make your head shake. Would I buy the 6? Yes.

Disappointed Test Drive
By UofIllinois_mark on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just test drove this car, and frankly it looks faster than it drives. I took out the v6 auto (manual not avail.) and was disappointed with the overall pickup. I drive a 99 TL, with 220HP and it seemed to have much better power off the line, and from 30-60mph. Perhaps the TL feels more touchy when I hit the gas, but the Mazda had a slow response when flooring it, and never seemed to feel "peppy or jumpy".

the 6 is awesome
By pip on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Tried the 4 cylinder and it was certainly peppy. However, no comparison to the 6 cylinder which also comes with ABS, traction controln auto climate control and power driver seat, well worth the $2,600. I enjoy the smooth power curve every time I drive. I drove the new Accord and Camry and though these are wonderfully reliable, comfortable vehicles, they are boring in a back to back test drive compared to the Mazda. I also drove the Altima and though it was more powerful, the handling didn't seem as good and the interior trim and fit felt cheap in comparison. I love this car! And the dealer was awesome.

M6 fun
By Felix Wankel on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent it is the best value in the market for a sedan. It easily eclipses the camry, accord, al;tima, galant ect in every imagionable catagory. It is more comparable with the 3 series sedans or acura's. Thanks Mazda!