Used 2003 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Awesome Value
By Hammerfut

2003 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just have to say that for my money, no better purchase could have been made. I loved the car when I saw it, and I enjoy it more every day I drive it.

Favorite Features

On wheel music controls - Select shift - Clean, unique styling - surprizingly roomy - nice sport-tight suspension but still liquid smooth over potholes and bumps.

Suggested Improvements

The 5spd automatic pauses a little bit in transitioning from break to acceleration at around 10 or 20 mph since the transmition holds the tallest gear possible for fuel economy. Also, let's get with the aftermarket turbo already!

Excellent!!!!
By Niki

2003 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! It's so much fun. I purchased one that has pretty much everything! The audio system, the spoiler, the moonroof, the leather seats. It's comfortable and reliable.

Favorite Features

I love the moonroof and the audio system the best.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!
By Former Nissan Owner

2003 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great car! In 21 yrs I've only owned Nissans (my last a 99 Altima GXE). I decided to try something new w/the Mazda 6 (loaded V6 sport package) after reading so many rave reviews about it. I travel 35 min each way to work & actually look forward to getting in my car & driving. It's a nice- looking, zippy, nimble car. I only have 3,500 miles, but so far I would recommend the car for someone who is looking for a fun, quick vehicle that is roomy enough for a couple of kids (my are 10 & 14 & no complaints about lack of space). I'm hoping I get the same reliability of my former Nissans. I'm also very curious to see how it handles in the snow.

Favorite Features

Very tight steering (I dealt with a lot of torque steer w/my Nissans), Bose Stereo, Sleek Exterior, Dash Setup, Stereo Controls on the Steering Column (very convenient), Sunroof, Zoom-Zoom- Zoom Quickness & Agility!

Suggested Improvements

Temperature Control (front window seem to fog a lot), Softer Leather (looks a little like Vinyl), smoother Gear Shift (it makes these clicking sounds each time you shift), option for a smaller Rear Spoiler when you purchase the Sport Package

it makes me want to be a better person
By Calin

2003 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love it. It drives nice, silencios yet powerfull, confort as a more expensive car. I like reving it, so I hope will last. The one I have, has all the toys in it, so is too good. Next one, will be a Mazda as well. Take a test drive and you will have to buy it. good luck

Favorite Features

220hp, TCS, BOSE sound (optional)

Suggested Improvements

wider tires (225/18), for the stereo I would like to have the option to randomise all CD, and the same with repeat program. Also the option of leting you program the songs (from any CD indash) in any order wanted. Auto dimming driver side mirror.

Mazda 6
By SO

2003 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car handles and rides extremely well. Corners flat (17 inch wheels) and has excellent brakes. Visibility to the rear is fair with the spoiler. Gas milage is poor; 15 mpg in city driving and 23-24 highway (6 cyl with auto trans). Turning circle is large so car is awkward in parking lots. Could use another 2 inches of front seatlegroom. However would buy the car again because it is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Handling, cornering, sheer fun to drive this car. Car body is tight and well put together (no rattles).

Suggested Improvements

Smaller turning circle. Larger gas tank.