Used 2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Great Drive
By marchhare

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. I fall in love with it again every morning.

I love this car!
By dphill3838

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 6 is loaded with leather interior, Bose stereo, side curtain airbags, etc. While I love the exterior styling, the interior really takes the cake. The leather is extremely plush and comfortable. The center console is very eye catching with the silver trim and red backlit display. I'm constantly having people ask me on the road what kind of car I have and how much it costs. A friend just bought a Saab 9-3 for thousands more while my Mazda6 is better equipped and a better performing car. I absolutely love it.

Favorite Features

Interior styling

Great car at a great price!
By TRJohnson

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great looks and fun to drive! The interior is almost BMW like, very stylish, and very quiet. The exterior is well designed and very attractive. The Mazda6 has some "get up and go" when you need it with the 5 speed.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature of the Mazda6 is the engine. This is because whenever I downshift into a lower gear for some extra "horses" I feel that the car smiles and begs to be pushed harder.

Suggested Improvements

Remove the notchy feel of the 5 speed tranny and drop the gear ratios down a smidge. The 5 speed gear box is not smooth like the Mazda MX-6 I traded in for the 6. Also, the car doesn’t really start to take off until the engine hits 3000 RPM.

mazda 6 speedyellow
By wingit

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

overall performance,handling and design are great. Slight hesitation off the line, but all in all not under powered with the v6 engine.

Favorite Features

climate control and the easy to read red sport instrumentation.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the oscillating center ac vents back, like my older 626 and mx6.

Mazda 6s 5 speed manual
By 5speeder

2003 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great car. Plenty of power, crisp shifter, designed well inside and out. Traded in my '02 Acura RSX for this car and I'm very surprised to find it actually handles better than my RSX ever did. A few of the clips have a cheap feel to them. But all in all I'd say the interior is on par with the RSX, with a few bonus features. Just don't buy this car in an automatic. It's one of the most poorly put together autos I've ever driven. Excessive gear hunting and lots of lag.

Favorite Features

V6, heated seats/mirrors, stick shift, traction control, available mp3/cd player.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the automatic transmission and try again.