Used 2003 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Love my new 6 but has a few problems
By mrwestrope

2003 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my Mazda 6 to replace a 2000 Maxima SE, however, the Mazda is not as large as the Maxima so we decided to buy out the lease on the Maxima and keep it too. I love most everything about the Mazda. There have been warranty and recall issues, but the dealership handled it very well. I think for the money its a great car.

Has most of the standard features one would expect on the top of the line model. And ride, performance and handling are really superior in this car.

AutoClimate control needs some work. The sport shift mode needs improvment and i would like to see the following: 1. Auto up AND down drivers side window 2. One touch sunroof control for open and close 3. An electric fuel door release 4. A power seat option for the passengers side

Great Drive
By marchhare

2003 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. I fall in love with it again every morning.

I love this car!
By dphill3838

2003 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 6 is loaded with leather interior, Bose stereo, side curtain airbags, etc. While I love the exterior styling, the interior really takes the cake. The leather is extremely plush and comfortable. The center console is very eye catching with the silver trim and red backlit display. I'm constantly having people ask me on the road what kind of car I have and how much it costs. A friend just bought a Saab 9-3 for thousands more while my Mazda6 is better equipped and a better performing car. I absolutely love it.

Interior styling

mazda 6 speedyellow
By wingit

2003 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

overall performance,handling and design are great. Slight hesitation off the line, but all in all not under powered with the v6 engine.

climate control and the easy to read red sport instrumentation.

I would like to see the oscillating center ac vents back, like my older 626 and mx6.

Mazda 6s 5 speed manual
By 5speeder

2003 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great car. Plenty of power, crisp shifter, designed well inside and out. Traded in my '02 Acura RSX for this car and I'm very surprised to find it actually handles better than my RSX ever did. A few of the clips have a cheap feel to them. But all in all I'd say the interior is on par with the RSX, with a few bonus features. Just don't buy this car in an automatic. It's one of the most poorly put together autos I've ever driven. Excessive gear hunting and lots of lag.

V6, heated seats/mirrors, stick shift, traction control, available mp3/cd player.

Scrap the automatic transmission and try again.