2003 Mazda Mazda6 i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Zoom...Zoom......Zooming..in...my...6
By Steve21

2003 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I looked long and hard for the New car I was going to purchase and after driving the the Mazda 6 I was sold! The styling, performance and handling are equal to none.. Comfortable and affordable as I went for the Sports Package w/moonroof and Sports Automatic. I'm a manual transmission person, but after driving the AT with Sports Shift I knew I was getting it.. Everyone who's seen it has given me the eye of envy! The Lapis Blue Metallic looks Purple in the sun light and the Black Leather is outstanding. The 3.0L 220 HP engine is a must have item. As you know you have the power when needed in traffic to get out of or around anything or anyone!

Favorite Features

Steering Wheel Mounted Controls, Heated Seats. The Zooming Performance

Suggested Improvements

To come with a Radar Detector....

Zoom...Zoom......Zooming..in...my...6
By steve21

2003 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Favorite Features

Steering Wheel Mounted Controls, Heated Seats. The Zooming Performance

Suggested Improvements

To come with a Radar Detector....

The Mazda 6 is in a class by itself!
By myphantom6

2003 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for something luxurious, sporty, and a coupe, when toward the end of December, I got a chance to test drive the Mazda 6. And I have to admit, it was love at first site. I really enjoyed the way this car handled and was impressed with the "get up and go" performance when in traffic. The interior was unique, with it's silver console and red illuminated (at night) instrument panel. It seemed to have a place for everything, and everything was in it's (assigned) place. All at once I had luxury, the sporty feel of a coupe, and the convenience of 4 doors, all for one very affordable price. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!

Favorite Features

The auto/manual shifter, which gives me the ability to change my "character" at will. The red illuminated instrument dash, lights that turn off automatically and the unique headlights and tail lights. But most of all the fact that no other Mazda 6 is on the road but mines.

Suggested Improvements

A turn signal that’s not so loud. It would also be nice if they added a coin holder compartment that separates different size coins. And the only other thing I can think of is to offer optional wood grain details for the trim (personal preference).

Zoom Zoom is Right ON
By SJM

2003 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is no question the best handling car I have driven. It is fun, holds frim in turns and has plenty power. I got the 4cly. and it is fine with me. the V6 was stronger but not $55.00 a month stronger. Thanks

Zoom, zoom
By Blueman

2003 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Got tired of the SUV, wanted: (1)a fun car (2)good mileage (3)target price 20-25K. Drove RSX-S, Accord Coupe/Sedan, Maxima and Altima, Focus, even a (stripped) 325, IS 300, and TL- S, MZ6s auto and manual, and the M6i. Bought the MZ6i loaded with all options except auto. Love the car, plenty of power w/4 banger, 1200 mi later, 27 MPG in ATL traffic.

Favorite Features

Suspension, brakes, engine, Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

Smoother torque curve, 6-speed manual

Mazda6
By Mcurran67

2003 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the 6i (4cyl with AT). Traded in a Toyota Camry for it. Wow, what a difference! This car has a lot more pep, and nice strong visual lines. Good interior space and I was really surprised at the amount of Headroom for frontseat passengers, A plus for tall folks. I was pleased with the features of the base model, a lot of things that are options in others in this price range.

Favorite Features

zippy 4 cyl engine, AT with manual no clutch shifting, excellent value in base standard features.

Suggested Improvements

Interior noise at full throttle could stand to be a little lower.

THE
By PAUL S

2003 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

OUTSTANDING CAR. FINNALLY A CAR THAT IS FUN TO DRIVE AND STILL CAN BY USED FOR THE FAMILY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE MAZDA 6 TO ANYONE. ZOOM-ZOOM.

Favorite Features

THE HANDLING AND THE BRAKING CAN NOT BE BEAT BY ANY CAR ON THE MARKET. MY BUDDIES HAVE COMMENTED ON THE SUPERIOR INTERIOR DESIGN.

Suggested Improvements

HAVE AN OPTION FOR THE 17 INCH TIRES FOR ALL MAZDA 6 VS ONLY THE SPORT SEDAN.

THE
By PAUL s

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

HAVE AN OPTION FOR THE 17 INCH TIRES FOR ALL MAZDA 6 VS ONLY THE SPORT SEDAN.

A definite must have!
By sauron821

2003 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The new 6 is great! Handles the curves like a dream. Sports car handling in a family car package. Huge trunk with low load-in height comes in very handy. The car has a very refined feel considering the low-buck pricetag. If you in the market for a sports sedan.......stop looking and get the Mazda 6!

Favorite Features

Pay the extra cash for the sport package and Bose radio. You will not be disappointed.

Suggested Improvements

A navigation/dvd system would add the finishing touch. Otherwise it has all you could ever want.

Mazda 6 3.0 Liter Automatic
By hh-guy

2003 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had the car for less than 3 weeks and I love it. First automatic I've ever bought new, but its almost as much fun as a stick. I started out new car shopping thinking I was going to buy a PT Cruiser, but after driving the 220HP version, I was won over instantly. It's just a very impressive car. The overall impression of that of a very solidly built car, with great attention to detail. 220HP, even in a automatic, generates a good kick.

Favorite Features

Electronic climate control, cruise, some sound system controls on the steering wheel, auto-stick shift option for clutchless pseudo-manual shifting.

Suggested Improvements

While there is plenty of headroom for me (6'2") once I'm in, getting in the door is awkward. Would need another couple of inches wider opening to be comfortable. standard Heated side mirrors would be nice.