Used 2003 Mazda 6 i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Mostly I'm lovin my car
By risitaluv

2003 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I actually traded in my 2002 protege because I fell in love with this car before I even bought it. I love how it has a soft growl when I start the car sounding powerful. The seats are comfortable for long drives which I have done. The trunk is huge and helped when I moved. I am currently at 81,000 and just recently changed the brake pads for the first time. I am just now having a few problems but that's given with the mileage. The only other complaint that I did have was the stems on the wheels seem to snap off when you tighten your lug nuts and I've lost about 5 of them. But either then that this car has been very reliable for me these past 7 yrs.

Easy access for stereo control on the steering wheel as well as valet lock and key. Drives smooth even at high miles.

Need to make sure wheel stems are attached correctly and make car more consumer maintenance friendly then having to waste money taking to dealer.

Poor reliability and durability
By ahmed

2003 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had Mazda 6 and it was doing well till it hit the 50 k mark and then it became a problem. Once it had 65K and it became beyond repair. If you are looking for a durable car for sure this is not for you.

good looking car and nice design. powerful engine and good acceleration.

need to improve reliability and improve their customer service. It is not good when you buy a car and by 65k it is dead.

I think we bought a bad one.
By Bacardifrog

2003 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i have a 2003 mazda 6. I have had nothing but problems with this car since i bought it. the dealership had to replace the radiator, the transmission, and all my wiring harnesses and now i have a strange burning smell coming from my engine. the car is fun to drive and i love it minus all the mechanical problems.i just recently had to replace some ignition coils. if it wasn't paid off, i would trade it in right now. i just wonder if the problems come from it being the first models??

body, interior and handling!

fix all the bugs!!

Great car
By Coloradochick

2003 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have now had my Mazda 6i for 7 years. This car really has been good to me. I have never had a flat, and never have had any mechanical problems. As a matter of fact, the front headlight just went out about six months ago. I bought this car brand new, and really would like to buy another Mazda 6. No complaints.

Moon Roof, heated leather seats, automatic manual transmission.

sickofmazda
By jb2590

2003 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda 6 used and it was perfect... At first.. The first problem was the cd player. Only likes select cds and ruined every cd I put in it. Another problem I experienced was the interior. I don't know what kind of fabric it is but water.. Stained! Impossible to clean then it felt like my transmission started slipping but couldn't pin point it because it didn't do it all the time. Went from that to check engine light staying on to the wiring system being messed up to getting stuck in 3rd gear to stalling out. This is all in 3 years. I loved my car at first but now I will never get a Mazda again..!

stearing wheel.. volume controls