2013 Mazda Mazda5 Consumer Review: Wish I put more thought into i

2013 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring Passenger Minivan (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Wish I put more thought into it.
By jterrozas on

2013 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

All though the price was reasonable it really doesn't replace a van. By the time you put up the third row there is nothing left for storage. We bought this to replace our T&C because we wanted better gas mileage but could hold four kids. It can hold four kids, but thats it. No stroller, no shopping bags. It is made for either the occasional back row seating OR as a four seater with a trunk space.

Favorite Features

I do like the side doors. They are easy to open and they smoothly follow the track. The exterior is nicely designed. The engine bay is nicely layed out. Middle seats slide for extra room. I wish I could list more for a Grand Touring Model.

Suggested Improvements

The lack of features they need to address: 1) The back vent is just an air vent. No AC or Heat for the back seats. 2) When you open the hatchback the interior light does not go on. Come ON! That should be a basic. 3) If the car was 16" longer the trunk space would be efficient/roomier interior cabin would be easier to get from the side doors to the back. 4) Trade out the costs of putting in the Auto-Wipe feature for some of these other features. The Auto-Wipe annoying goes off everytime some bug or debris hits it. 5) The Mazda Package that comes in the mail after you purchase a vehicle should contain something of value or interest. It only contained the car's brochure. Lame!
By tanstaafl12345
on 10/20/14 08:24 AM (PDT)

I agree with almost everything in your review. (I own 2013 Mazda5 with 16k miles.) Except for these: "The back vent is just an air vent. No AC or Heat for the back seats." AC comes through the back vent in my Mazda5. I am 100% certain of this. Heat does not come through the back vent. "When you open the hatchback the interior light does not go on. Come ON!" Actually, you can set the interior light to come on when the hatch is opened. (See the manual.)