2012 Mazda Mazda5 Consumer Review: First 1500 Miles on Mazda 5, 6

2012 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Review

First 1500 Miles on Mazda 5, 6-Speed Manual
By superelevated on

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Mazda hit a home run with this little gem. I love driving, and normally drive my vehicles like they are stolen. We have two kids that were having a hard time fitting in our 08 Jetta (yes, also with a manual). We now have taken day trips with two kids and 4 adults with no problems fitting everyone comfortably. We have also fit 6 adults fairly comfortably for short trips. This car is fun to drive, and yet very economical. We get 23-25 mpg when driving hard or fully loaded with people, and have gotten 30 mpg on a 350 mile road trip. Right now we are averaging 27.4mpg over the life of the car. I can't believe I'm driving a mini-minivan that is this practical and fun!

Favorite Features

My wife has already stopped teasing me and is asking for the keys, 6-speed, gas mileage, interior room, decent pick-up for a 4-cylinder, looks great in gray.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure the police would want to check my ride out more if you dropped the turbo into the 5. Otherwise, more options (sunroof, 17" rims, leather would be appreciated with the 6-speed)