2012 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: Absolutely Love my M5

2012 Mazda 5 - Consumer Review

Sport Passenger Minivan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Absolutely Love my M5
By jdooleyvt on

2012 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We've spent about 10 months with our Mazda5 already. We have two daughters under the age of two. The car seats, strollers, diaper bags and other bulky kid stuff all fits in the Mazda 5 without any issue. This car is simply a blast to drive. It is easy to forget that you are driving a vehicle with sliding doors. Loading the girls into the back seat is easy and once they start opening the doors themselves I don't have to worry about them putting a dent in another car in the parking lot. This car is perfect size for a family of four and the extra seats are a great option. In mostly city driving I get about 25-26 mpg on a longer trip it gets over 30 mpg. My best is over 35 mpg.

Handling, size, mileage, visibility, standard features, and did I mention the handling. And I can't believe I'd ever say this...sliding doors are awesome.

The stock tires are pretty awful but they have been replaced. I wouldn't mind another gear or two in the transmission to further increase gas mileage.