2012 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Perfect Solution Vehicle
By ruddyduck67 on 08/03/11 18:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

With a newborn and 4 year old we ran into the issue that you have NO ROOM for a 5th passenger in a standard car with the 2 car seats, (we had a Civic and a Outback Wagon). Looked around for somthing to carry the occasional 5-6 passengers and found a limited market. Considered the standard Odessey/Sienna and even the RAV4 with tiny back bench. Anyway...the full size vans seemed to be overkill and were reaching 40K so I looked at the 5. Wow! We love it. Comfortably fits six, drives like a sporty sedan and fits in the tightest spots. Looks small on the outside but is roomy inside.

First 1500 Miles on Mazda 5, 6-Speed Manual
By superelevated on 06/16/11 15:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Mazda hit a home run with this little gem. I love driving, and normally drive my vehicles like they are stolen. We have two kids that were having a hard time fitting in our 08 Jetta (yes, also with a manual). We now have taken day trips with two kids and 4 adults with no problems fitting everyone comfortably. We have also fit 6 adults fairly comfortably for short trips. This car is fun to drive, and yet very economical. We get 23-25 mpg when driving hard or fully loaded with people, and have gotten 30 mpg on a 350 mile road trip. Right now we are averaging 27.4mpg over the life of the car. I can't believe I'm driving a mini-minivan that is this practical and fun!

Best people hauler for the money
By roth4fun on 04/14/11 21:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I shopped around for a month trying to find a replacement for our aging Odyssey. Wanted better gas mileage, room for 6, and best value for the money stayng in the low to mid $20k range. We found that in the Mazda 5. Was the first we test drove and the one we bought. Considered RAV-4 with 3rd row, Sedona with 3rd row, Dodge Journey, Odyssey, Traverse, Equinox, and others.

Sporty Mini' Minivan w/Zoom-Zoom appeal!
By mikeyg616 on 02/28/11 09:12 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

i did so much research on the perfect family hauler without breaking the bank&also not looking like i 'gave up'&was so happy to find the new 5!it has everything i was looking for to transport my family of 4,we chose the upgraded 'touring model which adds fogs,spoiler side skirts 17' rims nicer grill &leather wheel,power is surprisingly good w/ smooth tranny & good mpg!turning radius is great!the seats are really comfy,the dual slide doors are light and easy to use for wifey w kiddies!pass/cargo room is also more then adequate,this mpv is a hot seller in Europe and only car in its class that got rave reviews..much better ad easier then suv w 3rd row,i highly recommend,we love our 2012 5!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda5 in VA is:

$120 per month*