2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Absolutely Love my M5
By jdooleyvt on 04/23/12 03:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We've spent about 10 months with our Mazda5 already. We have two daughters under the age of two. The car seats, strollers, diaper bags and other bulky kid stuff all fits in the Mazda 5 without any issue. This car is simply a blast to drive. It is easy to forget that you are driving a vehicle with sliding doors. Loading the girls into the back seat is easy and once they start opening the doors themselves I don't have to worry about them putting a dent in another car in the parking lot. This car is perfect size for a family of four and the extra seats are a great option. In mostly city driving I get about 25-26 mpg on a longer trip it gets over 30 mpg. My best is over 35 mpg.

Great car at excellent price
By jcampo on 04/10/12 06:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the 2012 Mazda 5 manual in April 2011. Over 13k miles and has been running great. Love the look, great acceleration. Love the siding slide doors for our two kids 16/12 plus dog. Third row seats have been used, but can't use them for a long trip. Trunk is small with third seats in use, but push them down and you have plenty of space for longer trips with family of four. Mileage averages about 27mpg city/hwy. On highway, best was 33mpg. Visibility to right blind spot a bit blocked, but other than that, this was definitely the best car for us. Excellent space, fun to drive, decent mileage, and we got a great price.

No Really, its a Wagon
By landric on 04/03/12 14:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased my 5 this past weekend, so my impressions are limited to recent experience. I do plan to update my experiences as time goes on. I traded a 2009 Kia Sedona in on the 5 Sport with a manual transmission. The Sedona, while a fantastic vehicle for trips was more than my family needs for day to day use. I wanted something smaller, more economical, and more fun that could still haul my family of five as needed. The 5 is perfect for that, I love how it drives and handles and after several years stuck driving an automatic mini-van I love the six speed manual. I owned a 2002 Mazda Protege ES 5-speed for four years and 115k and had a great experience, the 5 is just as much fun.

Love My Mazda5!!!
By kbstagg on 03/28/12 18:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

So far I am loving the Mazda5. After extensive research and needing to be able to seat 6. This vehicle had the most bang for the buck, without the horrible SUV gas mileage. Engine could use a few more HP, but really not bad. Acceleration is good and the transmission shift is so smooth. I traded a 2011 Honda Civic for the 2012 Mazda5 and couldn't be happier. I drive about 70% Hwy and am avg 25 mpg with a little over 1000 miles( I was only avg 27 mpg with my Civic). Even has all the bells and whistles, with a great sticker price. It really is fun to drive and handles just like a car. I can't say enough good things about this vehicle.

Car with Mini Van Features
By jmr919 on 02/19/12 08:08 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We just bought the Mazda5 Touring 2012 and researched this car quite a bit. We did not really want a true minivan however this car was more like a larger economy car with minivan features. So far so good.

Great for Short driver
By lvt1 on 02/02/12 06:27 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am only 5 ft. tall. I usually drive vans/jeeps for better view while driving. I fell for this minivan for several reasons: 1. best height adjustment I found for manual 2. great visual field for driver 3. all six seats are fine for me 4. handling feels good 5. not much road noise 6. better mileage than a Grand Caravan 7. middle row seats can slide by 6 inches

Mazda5 Grand Touring, so far I love it!
By baltimorejim on 01/30/12 12:00 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Mazda5 for about a month now and I am really impressed with this vehicle. Since 1987 I only owned two cars, both were Honda Accords. This time around I wanted something different and I test drove a 2012 Honda CR-V (expensive), a Hyundai Tuscon (cheap interior) and a Toyota Rav4 (just didn't like it). Finally I test drove the Mazda5. It is a feature laden vechicle that is fun to drive and is "a lot of vehicle for the money". Working with Hertitage Mazda in Baltimore was the best vehicle purchasing experience I've had in 45 years of buying cars. The only downside I've found so far is that gas mileage is only average.

Great car for the money
By joelb57 on 12/31/11 18:06 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We enjoy the 2012 Grand Touring Mazda5. It is quick & nimble, seats 6 comfortably, and although not fast, still provides ample pickup. 70% of our driving is hwy, 30% city - - we avg about 25mpg. Seats provide good support & decent leg room. Heating and A/C are good. Fit/finish is excellent and opening/closing sliding doors is a breeze. Interior is well laid out although headliner and visors feel somewhat cheap. Seating is fine for 4 adults + 2 children although space beyond 3rd seat is limited. Nice ride although some air noise is detectable at hwy speeds. Excellent vehicle for the money - would recommend. Biggest plus is its fun to drive! We got a great deal through truecars.com

Great Automobile
By cogo1020 on 10/05/11 15:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The 2012 Mazda5 is a great car for the value! Great design, great ride, great performance, and absolutely great interior comfort! It looks pretty stylish on the outside too! I love this car! You will not be dissapointed.

After researching many vehicles, we love the Mazda 5!!
By scj1 on 08/28/11 09:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We did a lot of research to determine what would replace our Limited AWD minivan. After looking at many vehicles we narrowed choices to the Toyota Highlander and the Mazda5, and determined the Highlander was too truck-clunky uncomfortable compared to the Mazda5. The style of the Mazda5 is more contemporary compared to the older looking Highlander. Also, the mpg was so much better with the Mazda5. We are saving $100 per month in gas compared to the minivan. PROS: smooth ride, styling, 6 seats so kids can bring friends, price, gas mileage, heated leather, dark gray color, hip ride, bluetooth phone and tunes, xenon headlights, storage compartments, traction/stability control, safety.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan in VA is:

$120 per month*