2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
The practical car for people who like to drive!
By 06scooby on 04/08/13 16:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We love our Mazda 5 with the 6-speed. After giving up our manual Subaru Wagon for a full size mini-van after having 2 kids, we came back down to the 5. We are manual transmission people & this was our only option, but we love it. Sporty and fun, and plenty of room for two kids. Could use a little more oomph, but we prefer driving a slow car fast. Great gas mileage & its pretty comfortable despite the factory tires. We would have like a more loaded version, but giving up the goodies was worth 3 rows & a stick shift. I even contacted Mazda & asked with a large deposit if they'd build me a Grand Touring with a 6 speed & they said no! :-(

Great car at excellent price
By jcampo on 04/10/12 06:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the 2012 Mazda 5 manual in April 2011. Over 13k miles and has been running great. Love the look, great acceleration. Love the siding slide doors for our two kids 16/12 plus dog. Third row seats have been used, but can't use them for a long trip. Trunk is small with third seats in use, but push them down and you have plenty of space for longer trips with family of four. Mileage averages about 27mpg city/hwy. On highway, best was 33mpg. Visibility to right blind spot a bit blocked, but other than that, this was definitely the best car for us. Excellent space, fun to drive, decent mileage, and we got a great price.

No Really, its a Wagon
By landric on 04/03/12 14:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased my 5 this past weekend, so my impressions are limited to recent experience. I do plan to update my experiences as time goes on. I traded a 2009 Kia Sedona in on the 5 Sport with a manual transmission. The Sedona, while a fantastic vehicle for trips was more than my family needs for day to day use. I wanted something smaller, more economical, and more fun that could still haul my family of five as needed. The 5 is perfect for that, I love how it drives and handles and after several years stuck driving an automatic mini-van I love the six speed manual. I owned a 2002 Mazda Protege ES 5-speed for four years and 115k and had a great experience, the 5 is just as much fun.

First 1500 Miles on Mazda 5, 6-Speed Manual
By superelevated on 06/16/11 15:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Mazda hit a home run with this little gem. I love driving, and normally drive my vehicles like they are stolen. We have two kids that were having a hard time fitting in our 08 Jetta (yes, also with a manual). We now have taken day trips with two kids and 4 adults with no problems fitting everyone comfortably. We have also fit 6 adults fairly comfortably for short trips. This car is fun to drive, and yet very economical. We get 23-25 mpg when driving hard or fully loaded with people, and have gotten 30 mpg on a 350 mile road trip. Right now we are averaging 27.4mpg over the life of the car. I can't believe I'm driving a mini-minivan that is this practical and fun!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan in VA is:

$120 per month*