2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Great Value
By ivanch on 09/09/13 18:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda 5 offers great value for the money. I purchased a brand new 2012 model in March 2013 with a nice discount where the price was comparable to a 2013 Hyundai Elantra. At that price, the extra room of the Mazda 5 made it an unbeatable deal. The Mazda 5 touring is a great vehicle because it fits 6 passengers, it is fun to drive, it is the perfect size for a person who either wants a smaller minivan or a larger car. This vehicle can take kids around but also serves as a nice commuter car with ample room and height when compared to other cars.

Great so far, but a few interior irritations...
By birdsnest25 on 07/30/12 15:37 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

So, I'm one week into ownership of a 2012 Mazda5 Touring. For the most part I am happy, with a few execution complaints. Build quality seems good, handing and ride quality very good, milage has been great (30+ mpg on highway). Complaints: sunroof is abysmal, only opening to 60% of the cutout -- come on, engineer it to open 100%. Also, there is no front covered storage other than the glove compartment. The fold down center front armrests get in the way of the seat belt buckles and should be replaced with a covered bin. Also, the sound system should be better. For the same price as the lousy sunroof and CD changer in the Mazda5, you get a real sunroof and Bose system in the CX5

On the fence
By maeby101 on 07/22/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost a year and 10.5k miles. There are many things I like about it, but I would trade it in if I could. I was coming from an '05 Outback, which had it's share of problems over 100k miles, but I loved that car from the start. I can't say the same about the 5. I chose this car because of the ability to put an adult in the backseat with our two little kids. But we only need to do this on long trips, which is maybe twice a year. I miss having AWD (though the 5 was fine with winter tires in last year's very mild winter). Something about it just feels cheap. After 10k miles, one of the sliding doors has begun to rattle at slow speeds. That's just wrong.

Love My Mazda5!!!
By kbstagg on 03/28/12 18:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

So far I am loving the Mazda5. After extensive research and needing to be able to seat 6. This vehicle had the most bang for the buck, without the horrible SUV gas mileage. Engine could use a few more HP, but really not bad. Acceleration is good and the transmission shift is so smooth. I traded a 2011 Honda Civic for the 2012 Mazda5 and couldn't be happier. I drive about 70% Hwy and am avg 25 mpg with a little over 1000 miles( I was only avg 27 mpg with my Civic). Even has all the bells and whistles, with a great sticker price. It really is fun to drive and handles just like a car. I can't say enough good things about this vehicle.

Car with Mini Van Features
By jmr919 on 02/19/12 08:08 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We just bought the Mazda5 Touring 2012 and researched this car quite a bit. We did not really want a true minivan however this car was more like a larger economy car with minivan features. So far so good.

Great for Short driver
By lvt1 on 02/02/12 06:27 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am only 5 ft. tall. I usually drive vans/jeeps for better view while driving. I fell for this minivan for several reasons: 1. best height adjustment I found for manual 2. great visual field for driver 3. all six seats are fine for me 4. handling feels good 5. not much road noise 6. better mileage than a Grand Caravan 7. middle row seats can slide by 6 inches

Best people hauler for the money
By roth4fun on 04/14/11 21:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I shopped around for a month trying to find a replacement for our aging Odyssey. Wanted better gas mileage, room for 6, and best value for the money stayng in the low to mid $20k range. We found that in the Mazda 5. Was the first we test drove and the one we bought. Considered RAV-4 with 3rd row, Sedona with 3rd row, Dodge Journey, Odyssey, Traverse, Equinox, and others.

Sporty Mini' Minivan w/Zoom-Zoom appeal!
By mikeyg616 on 02/28/11 09:12 AM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

i did so much research on the perfect family hauler without breaking the bank&also not looking like i 'gave up'&was so happy to find the new 5!it has everything i was looking for to transport my family of 4,we chose the upgraded 'touring model which adds fogs,spoiler side skirts 17' rims nicer grill &leather wheel,power is surprisingly good w/ smooth tranny & good mpg!turning radius is great!the seats are really comfy,the dual slide doors are light and easy to use for wifey w kiddies!pass/cargo room is also more then adequate,this mpv is a hot seller in Europe and only car in its class that got rave reviews..much better ad easier then suv w 3rd row,i highly recommend,we love our 2012 5!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan in VA is:

$120 per month*