2012 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Wishing I bought a Odyssey or Sienna
By joyfulgirl_3 on 07/06/14 12:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2012 used with 8.5K. It was flawless except for a stain on the front passenger seat which I have been unable to remove. Another stain is on a back seat that I can't remove. Needs better seat fabric- seems cheap. I have 2 kids and am finding that as my baby turned into toddler, and with a 9 year old, we are outgrowing the car with backpacks, soccer stuff etc. If we had another child, there'd be little room for a stroller. No way this car is functional for 4 kids full-time. Since I bought it, the gas mileage has gone down considerably though it's well maintained by Mazda. Great to drive forward...seems to have lots of blind spots in spite of all the windows.

Fantastic vehicle
By troyohchatter on 12/20/13 19:11 PM (PST)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The specs tell the story of a very average vehicle. Average power, MPG, etc. But just drive it. Handles great, the seating position is ideal, the automatic drivetrain is near perfect, even for a guy that prefers a manual, and it can seat six adults in a pinch (front and middle rows move up a notch). The vehicle is tight as a drum, low noise level, and overall is tighter than the last Honda we had, a 2003 CR-V. I have no idea why anyone with kids would want doors that are not sliders. Sliding doors do not hit other cars in parking lots and allow easy access to child seats.

Mini Minivan Impulse
By presappl on 09/18/13 07:41 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We were planning to buy the CX-7 when we saw the Mazda 5. It was love at first sight! While my husband test drove the car, one of my daughter's and I sat in the very back seats and raised our hands like we were on a roller coaster ride -- we had too much fun on the test drive! It is a cute (love the smiling face), fun car, and I love to tell people about our mini minivan's features. The low car height makes it easier for my daughter with disabilities to get in and out. But, low and longer than expected makes it harder for me to park and has resulted in more scrapes to the front bumper. The third row has come in handy a few times, too. For trips, I prefer larger vehicles.

Almost Perfect
By oakwind on 05/30/13 04:23 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2012 Mazda 5 in February of 2013 with 10 miles on the odometer. Upgrading from a '96 Corolla with 166K and 27/34 mpg. I got all the room extra I wanted and more but was disappointed in the mpg (24mpg). I am more of an SUV kind of person rather than a "mini-van". It's size and body style is more inline with the Rav4 & CRV that I looked at with a better price and mpg than they offered. I wished the milage was better and there was a bigger covered center console. I could have gotten this with new Mazda CX-5, but the bench seat didn't fold FLAT and the front 'racing" seats were hard & uncomfortable. Every time I drive ZoomZoom, I find something else about it I like

Excellent minivan
By jastin on 05/20/12 13:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Have been driving the mazda 5 for 4 months and absolutely love it. Drive is awesome, little road noise (probably from OEM tire), handle wonderfully. Plenty of space for 4 adults and 2 children as we experienced (the two children rode in the bag seats, plenty of space for them there). A must buy if you want a nice minivan for a fair price, even my wife can stop raving about it.

Absolutely Love my M5
By jdooleyvt on 04/23/12 03:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We've spent about 10 months with our Mazda5 already. We have two daughters under the age of two. The car seats, strollers, diaper bags and other bulky kid stuff all fits in the Mazda 5 without any issue. This car is simply a blast to drive. It is easy to forget that you are driving a vehicle with sliding doors. Loading the girls into the back seat is easy and once they start opening the doors themselves I don't have to worry about them putting a dent in another car in the parking lot. This car is perfect size for a family of four and the extra seats are a great option. In mostly city driving I get about 25-26 mpg on a longer trip it gets over 30 mpg. My best is over 35 mpg.

Great Automobile
By cogo1020 on 10/05/11 15:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The 2012 Mazda5 is a great car for the value! Great design, great ride, great performance, and absolutely great interior comfort! It looks pretty stylish on the outside too! I love this car! You will not be dissapointed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mazda Mazda5 in VA is:

$120 per month*