Very noisy & bumpy ride
By JANIE on
2010 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
This vehicle is without a doubt the most noisy and bumpy ride that I've ever owned. Just going over a manhole cover can be a teeth-rattling experience. I'm taking it to the dealership this week to have that problem checked out. Very poor suspension? Bad tires? I certainly don't know, but hope that they can do something about it. After driving a Mazda MPV for 8 years, I really miss the cargo space. When I first looked at the M5, I thought that it seemed rather less than the MPV, so asked the salesman how the cargo space compared with the MPV. His reply was, "It's the same". What a lie that turned out to be. Nearly impossible to get my bike into the back - even with 2nd row down.
Favorite Features
Easy handling. Good mileage. Love the wedge profile. Auto rain sensor, climate control & lights off after turning off the ignition - if the auto feature is on. No more dead battery due to forgetting to turn off the lights.
Suggested Improvements
Needs driver's seat adjustment improvements. Seat also goes forward when raising it. How stupid! Can't drive w/my knees touching the dash. Had to buy a seat cushion to sit higher. That cancels out ability for heated seat. Needs more storage near the driver & flat bottom in the side pockets.
By jake1618
on 01/03/11 09:08 AM (PST)

we have a 2008 and a 2009 Mazda 5. both cars needed new shocks within a year or so. mazda paid for the 2009 set, not the 2008 set. that could be your bumpy ride. noisy on the highway - both of them. overall though, i am pleased. 8 out of 10.