2010 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: It's a mini minivan

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan - Consumer Review

It's a mini minivan
By Soccer Mom on

2010 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

A "family" vehicle, I wanted a sportier mom vehicle but something also economical and practical for a family of three. A smaller version of a van. The sliding doors are easy to use for small kids. This is a great kid friendly vehicle. The table between the seats and storage in the seats is great but wish they were a little bigger. There is not enough room for car seats HUGE complaint for me! A stroller will take up the whole back with little room for anything else. The road noise is a bit loud and for a Mazda its not as smooth a ride as I hoped. I do feel safe driving this vehicle. It can be a lot of fun on curvy roads (zoom, zoom, zoom comes to mind.

Feel safe, easy to handle, The mute button on the steer wheel is a plus. I have not yet experienced great gas mileage as they have advertised yet.

My biggest compliant and biggest disappointment is for a family vehicle a childs car seat leaves no room between the front seats and the car seat! Needs more compartments and storage and a little more space in the back. paint can be easily scratched. Auto lock, more power and a bigger sun roof.
By xtencornfield
on 07/31/12 09:43 AM (PDT)

Not sure what massive car seats you're using but I have two rather large seats (Graco Nautilus and Evenflo Momentum) in our 2010 Mazda5 and they fit just fine. Same with the stroller. I have a moderately-sized single stroller and there's plenty of room for it and a $200+ grocery load. I can even fit our double stroller just fine with a grocery load.