Best Car Ever!
By mandydj on
2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
Love this car! Comfortable to drive, and ride. Great acceloration, great room, I have three kids and I use this car for work, I drive my clients to their apointments, grocery shopping, etc. Love the sliding doors. Very easy, dont have to worry about tight parking spots. I love the back seats, you can put them down for cargo or use them. The only complaint I would say it is a little bumpy, and a lot of road noise on the freeway. Other than that, Its the perfect car.
Favorite Features
The position of the shifter, perfect. Everything feels so comfortable and in the right place when you drive. Very fun to drive, so sporty.
Suggested Improvements
Bumpy/ road noise
By tomhocutt712
on 01/29/11 20:46 PM (PST)

I'm glad to read this. I'm shopping with my mother who is currently in a 2000 Honda Odyssey that just had yet a second transmission put in earlier this week and it is alreay slipping. We test drove a 2012 model today as well as a Hyundai Santa Fe and a Subaru Outback. This comes the closest to meeting her needs. (I'm a wifeless blind guy so she does the kmajority of the driving for me.) She is 5 ft 1 and had great dificulty getting in and out of the Hyundai and the Subaru. Take care.

By mandydj
on 12/24/11 22:59 PM (PST)

I wanted to post an update;) Its been a whole year of owning this car, now has 21K miles on it that's how much I drive. Its still an amazing car. I have read some other comments and well, I dont think of it as a minivan. Even though I pay cheap insurance because they think so! Its more of a large roomy sedan with great gas mileage. Yes, I drive alot in town and I get 23 average. No joke. Its amazing. Had my hubby put in a nice stereo to overcome the road noise, lol. So I no longer complain about that. I see the CX-7 and think its sexier than my car, but its cheaper! Better gas mileage, better insurance, and you have the option of using the back seats as seats (so its seats more) or cargo. Ive talked to other mazda5 owners, and have not ran into one that doesnt like their car. Im sure they're out there, but for the most part, people are pretty happy with these cars.