Used 2010 Mazda 5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Amazing Vehicle for the Money !
By Sammy

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought a new 2010 Mazda 5 SPORT Automatic this weekend and I love the car! My wife and I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and another due in September and we only need 1 car, so I added the "Popular Equipment Package" and "Fog Lights" to give it a "sporty" look and feel and I think the "car" looks and drives that way! The car handles very well in the city and has ample pickup for me. The seating/storage configurations are amazing and I marvel at the interior space that has been designed, it's just "smart". I am not worried about having 2 kids and lots a cargo for long trips in this beauty. If you are considering this car, not concerned about having AWD, it's an amazing vehicle for the price !

"Popular Equipment Package" looks, Handling/Drive, Seating and Storage Configurations, Interior and Exterior Design, Sliding Doors, Fuel Economy, Aux audio input, Large front window/visibility, I could go on.

I'm sure I could complain about something, but if I were a car designer, I would be very proud of this very forward thinking vehicle.

Just Bought My New 2010 Mazda5 7/10
By luv2drive

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Ok so I just bought this, honeymoon isn't over only 1k miles on it. Went on a trip w/family little cramped on room but they have racks & a basket or container for purchase will def.invest in one of those.Overall zipping around town love it,look love it,performance loaded,ran great not a slug. Used to drive a loaded suburban this forces me to not keep as much junk in the back as I usually do. It is easy to clean truly a fun car to drive. I don't feel I'm in a mom car whatsoever, feels like I'm in a little sporty vehicle. Can't say much more than I LOVE IT! You will too but it will force you to keep it clean =@). I have 3 kids one is 16 & tall,very comfy in it and in back row.

Easy to clean being so small, chairs are comfy, sporty feel, fits family & then some,

road noise a bit loud on some vehicles, guess 17" low profile tires don't help, tinted windows on sport model would be nice, going to have to get tint on them.

great gas saving mini van
By lee

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this van due to it came out with 6 seats and great cargo space. Also, it has all safety features I need with very reasonable price. It's fun to drive and gas saving (23-28) , great driver position and great individual seats. It's easy to operate all feature and great rear air con control. Don't expect you could drive like Mazda 3. Instead of, it's great car for family like us ( 2 adult plus 2 teens). Great cargo space if you fold down the 3 row seat. So far, we all like it a lot.

Sedan's price but mini van function, safety feature, gas mileage, overlook, flexibility for cargo space.

no auto lock, climbing hill performance

Good all purpose vehicle
By Guy Guytone

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought this car at the end of June to replace a Honda Civic 4dr because we needed more room. We are a 3 person family and didn't need a larger car. This is a nice alternative because it doesn't look like a mini van, it looks more like a cross-over, but you get sliding rear doors. It has a lot of room inside, but appears kind of small on the outside. It has 44 cu ft of cargo space with the 3rd row folded, which is how we use it 95% of the time. But its nice to have the 3rd row option if needed, but the 3rd row is best suited for kids. The layout inside is good, very functional, with a lot of nooks to store things. Some reviews complain about the car's power, but I find just fine.

Sliding rear doors without the "mini van look", 3rd row seats, a lot of cargo space, excellent handling, alot of standard features with the sport trim, and its comfortable. It also has very good visibility.

There should be an overhead console for non moon roof models, because its just wasted space now. The 17" tires look great, but perhaps offer 16" ones to give the car a smoother ride? However the ride is not bad now, and I understand to get the better handling you do need a stiffer suspension.

Ideal vehicle
By buckshot36

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Senior citizen who likes performance and have been more than pleases with my Mazda5. Traded a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 (a great car) due to a requirement for more space. Mazda5 provides adequate (much better than expected after the speed3) acceleration, handles better than many small cars, provides good mileage. MPG has averaged low of 25 and high of 31.6 and provides the extra space that was needed. Will normally only carry four passengers so rear seat not a problem although my teenage grandson has no problem setting there. No problems since purchase.

Style, gas mileage, sliding side doors and handling.

A speed3 type engine would be nice but not necessary.

• SUV