Used 2010 Mazda Mazda5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda Mazda5

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:

Most Helpful|
The most fuel efficient minivan
By Alex Povolotski

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is Mazda's version to European Ford C-Max. Very nicely executed. The biggest features are sliding doors, manageable size, super fuel savings, and nice suspension. Also, it's not as noisy as other reviewers have indicated. I've driven it with 3 adults and one child on board and the motor stayed quiet if you don't hit it hard. Just remember it's not a sports car. The motor is a big underpowered though, so it takes quite a while to gain the speed after a sharp turn. Interior buttons are large and well positioned though cheaper plastics in the interior kill the whole mood. Suspension is good, eats small bumps very well.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, sliding doors, automatic climate control standard (still can't get it why I should pay for it as an option in many other vehicles, it's a necessity!). Suspension on the softer side, which will not break your teeth over bumps, electronic instruments.

Suggested Improvements

Autostart. Why do I have to hold the key for the car to start? Majority of auto manufacturers have already implemented an autostart where you just torn the key and the car starts without you holder the key in position. Annoying! Mazda -- step up!

roaring noise
By Dwight Goldstorm

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Constant roaring noise in the front of the car,which resulted after an accident a month ago. After repairs,which included replacement of one tire, the collision center was unable to find the cause of the roaring noise. As per recommendation by the insurance company took the car to the Mazda dealer where the care was purchased. They replaced a front bearing and an additional tire, but the noise still remains. The tires have been rotated and balanced. The noise is louder at speeds of 65 to 70 mph. The 2010 Mazda 5 was purchased September, 2009. Mileage is 8.739.

Favorite Features

Lots of headroom, easy to get in and out. Love the sliding doors. Lots of cargo space. Comfortable front and back seats. Easy to drive and park. Great gas mileage.

Best compromise
By vicenac

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We've got the GT for it's leather seats. It is much easier to clean milk spills off of them. We have two kids, 5 and 0.3. A minivan is something way too big for us, but we did want 3 raws seating. This is the best compromise we could find. Besides I've been in love with the looks since I saw it the first time. It's a little cramped. Fitting the rear facing baby seat in the second raw, makes the third raw unusable (almost). Loaded with all of us (plus grandma') there is not much room for stuff. A roof carrier is a must. All in all we feel we struck gold with this one. It fills all our needs and it's easy to park and fun to drive. And it looks cool

Favorite Features

Sliding doors! Armrests all around. The five speed gearbox is a huge improvement over the old 4. We like the auto lights and wipers (spoiled). The instrument panel is illuminated well.

Suggested Improvements

2 more inches in length. Auto down on the side window and auo-close for the sunroof (come on!). Rear air bags - tere is not much space between the rear of the vehicle and the seat. Include the European factory roof rack. Refresh the tail lights - this second gen is ugly.

It's a mini minivan
By Soccer Mom

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

A "family" vehicle, I wanted a sportier mom vehicle but something also economical and practical for a family of three. A smaller version of a van. The sliding doors are easy to use for small kids. This is a great kid friendly vehicle. The table between the seats and storage in the seats is great but wish they were a little bigger. There is not enough room for car seats HUGE complaint for me! A stroller will take up the whole back with little room for anything else. The road noise is a bit loud and for a Mazda its not as smooth a ride as I hoped. I do feel safe driving this vehicle. It can be a lot of fun on curvy roads (zoom, zoom, zoom comes to mind.

Favorite Features

Feel safe, easy to handle, The mute button on the steer wheel is a plus. I have not yet experienced great gas mileage as they have advertised yet.

Suggested Improvements

My biggest compliant and biggest disappointment is for a family vehicle a childs car seat leaves no room between the front seats and the car seat! Needs more compartments and storage and a little more space in the back. paint can be easily scratched. Auto lock, more power and a bigger sun roof.

Noisy, Noisy, Noisy
By 2010minivan

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Air noise makes top skylight window intollerable on any amount of side wind. Front trans-axil noise is very loud with only 20k miles. Dealer says it is tire cupping. So...they cannot fix and the noise is so loud that I cannot hear the radio at a normal volume. Other than the noise, noise, noise, this is a good car to meet my needs. Fuel economy is as advertised. My Mazda truck is a nice quiet truck so I do not have a problem with Mazda.

Favorite Features

Good entry and loading with side doors

Suggested Improvements

Orange light on Drive Indicator can be a nuisance. Would have been better if it were dimmable or blue or white. Orange usually indicates a "trouble" indicator.