Used 2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Best Car Ever!
By mandydj

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Love this car! Comfortable to drive, and ride. Great acceloration, great room, I have three kids and I use this car for work, I drive my clients to their apointments, grocery shopping, etc. Love the sliding doors. Very easy, dont have to worry about tight parking spots. I love the back seats, you can put them down for cargo or use them. The only complaint I would say it is a little bumpy, and a lot of road noise on the freeway. Other than that, Its the perfect car.

The position of the shifter, perfect. Everything feels so comfortable and in the right place when you drive. Very fun to drive, so sporty.

Bumpy/ road noise

Very noisy & bumpy ride
By JANIE

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle is without a doubt the most noisy and bumpy ride that I've ever owned. Just going over a manhole cover can be a teeth-rattling experience. I'm taking it to the dealership this week to have that problem checked out. Very poor suspension? Bad tires? I certainly don't know, but hope that they can do something about it. After driving a Mazda MPV for 8 years, I really miss the cargo space. When I first looked at the M5, I thought that it seemed rather less than the MPV, so asked the salesman how the cargo space compared with the MPV. His reply was, "It's the same". What a lie that turned out to be. Nearly impossible to get my bike into the back - even with 2nd row down.

Easy handling. Good mileage. Love the wedge profile. Auto rain sensor, climate control & lights off after turning off the ignition - if the auto feature is on. No more dead battery due to forgetting to turn off the lights.

Needs driver's seat adjustment improvements. Seat also goes forward when raising it. How stupid! Can't drive w/my knees touching the dash. Had to buy a seat cushion to sit higher. That cancels out ability for heated seat. Needs more storage near the driver & flat bottom in the side pockets.

It's a mini minivan
By Soccer Mom

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

A "family" vehicle, I wanted a sportier mom vehicle but something also economical and practical for a family of three. A smaller version of a van. The sliding doors are easy to use for small kids. This is a great kid friendly vehicle. The table between the seats and storage in the seats is great but wish they were a little bigger. There is not enough room for car seats HUGE complaint for me! A stroller will take up the whole back with little room for anything else. The road noise is a bit loud and for a Mazda its not as smooth a ride as I hoped. I do feel safe driving this vehicle. It can be a lot of fun on curvy roads (zoom, zoom, zoom comes to mind.

Feel safe, easy to handle, The mute button on the steer wheel is a plus. I have not yet experienced great gas mileage as they have advertised yet.

My biggest compliant and biggest disappointment is for a family vehicle a childs car seat leaves no room between the front seats and the car seat! Needs more compartments and storage and a little more space in the back. paint can be easily scratched. Auto lock, more power and a bigger sun roof.

Love it!
By Alex

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I did so much research before finally deciding on the Mazda 5. Economical, trendy, plenty of interior room, and a fun drive. I love the fact that it has the functionality of a minivan but it's easier on the packets (both price and gas mileage). I feel it has great pickup on the highway (as long as you plan on staying within 5 - 10 miles above the legal speed limit the car is great, why would you need more pickup in a family car?). The basic model comes with great features and it so fun to drive! I love it and nothing else on the market would have fit my family so well. We've put 6 in the car with no complaints but I would put kids or shorter/thinner adults in the back row.

The radio controls on the steering wheel especially the mute button. Functional like a minivan but drives like a sedan (it's very sporty). Feels safe and stable.

Can't think of any. I feel it comes standard with features many competitors don't offer at the basic trim level and for a good price. Fits my family's needs like a glove.

Could not have bought a better minivan.
By love my car

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had a Mazda 3 and I can tell you that my Mazda 5is the best car I have bought so far.. It rides so smooth and the comfort is great for my me and my family. We have 4 kids and the ride with comfort. Love it. I got it in color black beautiful.

My sunroof. The front window and lets not forget the sliding doors.

Could have better sound system. But it's ok I still love my car

• SUV