2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Lilttle Bit Of everything
By CJ Boothe on 04/14/10 16:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had a Mazda Protege5 for 6 yrs with virtually no problems. Wanted a bigger, roomier, smoother car with all the 'nicies' hence the Mazda5. Great interior room, very roomy rear captains sets, tight but usable 3rd row, leather heated seats, heated mirrors, moonroof, sport tip-tronic auto trans, fog lights, Incredible Xenon headlights, flawless bluetooth for handsfree phone calls, auto rain sensing wipers, Rear sliding doors, traction control and Dynamic Stability control now added. Excellent features all around in the GT version for 21 grand. After 6 wks mixed driving getting 28 mpg

All the minivan you need
By Braq on 04/13/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After really discussing how much cargo and passenger capacity we need most of the time we found that the Mazda 5 is actually all (and sometimes more then) the car we need. The handling is fantastic, for us the engine power is sufficient for everyday use and the great pay-off is a moderate pricing and good fuel economy.

The most fuel efficient minivan
By Alex Povolotski on 04/11/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is Mazda's version to European Ford C-Max. Very nicely executed. The biggest features are sliding doors, manageable size, super fuel savings, and nice suspension. Also, it's not as noisy as other reviewers have indicated. I've driven it with 3 adults and one child on board and the motor stayed quiet if you don't hit it hard. Just remember it's not a sports car. The motor is a big underpowered though, so it takes quite a while to gain the speed after a sharp turn. Interior buttons are large and well positioned though cheaper plastics in the interior kill the whole mood. Suspension is good, eats small bumps very well.

Best compromise
By vicenac on 04/01/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We've got the GT for it's leather seats. It is much easier to clean milk spills off of them. We have two kids, 5 and 0.3. A minivan is something way too big for us, but we did want 3 raws seating. This is the best compromise we could find. Besides I've been in love with the looks since I saw it the first time. It's a little cramped. Fitting the rear facing baby seat in the second raw, makes the third raw unusable (almost). Loaded with all of us (plus grandma') there is not much room for stuff. A roof carrier is a must. All in all we feel we struck gold with this one. It fills all our needs and it's easy to park and fun to drive. And it looks cool

The Best Car Ever
By Mommy of 2 on 03/30/10 06:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my new mazda5 and is the best purchase ever, my family is normal 2 adults 2 small kids and this van is very good the fuel economy is 30 miles of a gallon my kids get in and out with out help and is very easy to park, enough space for groceries if you are not using the 3 row, and if you using it, still have space for couple things. I recommend this car

The Mazda5 = Fun to Drive!
By eml5150 on 03/29/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought for a family of four replacing an '02 Ford Explorer. We leave the third row seats down 95% of the time and there is plenty of room. The 2.3 is powerful enough to zoom-zoom and acceleration is not as bad as some automotive reviews state; unless you pack it with 6 adults regularly or you're addicted to the throttle it will do just fine. Driving the automatic in sport mode provides better throttle response. Its fun to drive and its handling is impressive. The dynamic stability control and traction control are a safety feature finally available this year. Braking is very good. It stops quick. Don't spend more and settle for less. Mazda5 quality and features are a great buy for the money.

I have two of these: Used as Taxicabs.
By GT on 02/17/10 13:50 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have two of these and I use them as taxicabs. I have a fleet of 14 cabs and have used Subaru Outbacks, and Volkswagen Passatts. We put about 50-60,0000 miles a year on each of our cars. The VW's cost me about $4,500 a year to maintain and the Mazda's cost me about $1400 a year. The car is solid and well built in my opinion. I'm gonna buy ten more once the VW's all blow up their engines, which I know will happen since almost every VW Ive had blew up after around 150,000 miles. Highly recommended.

Mazda5: Nimble and a great value!
By ljmattox on 02/07/10 14:34 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our new Mazda5 is filling our need for a versatile, fun-to-drive, and economical vehicle. We chose the Sport model as it's the only version with a stick shift, yet even this most basic version includes automatic climate control, four-wheel disc brakes, alloy wheels, traction control plus stability control, and a plush-enough interior for long trips or evenings out with friends. We'll likely use the 6-person capacity only rarely, but still nice to have, while more frequently 4 people travel with plenty of room in very-adjustable captains chair seating. At its price point, no other competitor includes as much content or room. Or seems as nimble-handling and fun to drive on a daily basis.

So close to fantastic...
By New5er on 01/24/10 14:05 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the vehicle just over a month ago to replace a 2005 Elantra (great car btw). Was immediately struck by how great it is to drive; from the driver's seat, you really feel like you're driving a Mazda3, NOT a minivan! Kids loved the mid seats (captains), and considered it a 'cool' looking car. Fantastic view all around, and handles amazingly. After a bit of time, though, some things have started to gnaw: no 'hidden' cubbies to hide GPS's, spare change, etc.; turning on the auto climate control automatically kicks in the a/c (it's January... in Canada... c'mon!). Overall, though, no regrets in getting this vehicle; if you can overlook the lack of cubbies, it'll serve the avg. family well!

Finally has stability control
By Maine5 on 01/11/10 11:24 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The 5 is a unique car that fits the needs of most people. I held out on buying one for many years though due to the lack of stability control. I refused to buy a new car without it. As I was getting ready to buy a VW Jetta Wagon, I read a comparison review that said the 5 finally comes with stability/traction control for 2010. I was sold. Hopefully some of the quality issues reported in past years have been worked out. I have 3000mi on it now with no issues. I was also worried about how it might perform in the snow so I purchased a set of blizzaks for it. Drives incredibly well in deep snow as a result. Far better than paying thousands more for an AWD vehicle with less utility and mileage.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan in VA is:

$93 per month*