Used 2010 Mazda 5 Touring Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Strangest danged vehicle I have ever owned.
By anglbebe

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It's so light that when you get a strong cross wind it will push you to the next lane. However, during the record snowstorms recently it plowed right through, where other trucks got stuck. Just wish the tires weren't low profile though. Definitely has get up and go, had a co-worker drive for me and they were surprised at how well it handled and it's get up and go. I drive over 600+ miles a week, this car has not let me down yet *knock on wood*.

I park on the street, and it can fit in the same size space as a Toyota Corolla. Really helpful in a parking ban. The storage in the with the rear seats folded down is great! Fits all the camping gear in. This car loves to go fast, it's so smooth at it that you don't know your going 90 till you look. Set your Cruise Control!

Make it a little heavier, better gas mileage, by making it more aerodynamic. Oh, and give it towing capacity the transmission doesn't need dual capacity. You know the "Old Wives Tale" that the heat and A/C will use up all your gas. This car makes that TRUE! Definitely change that, PLEASE! Also the fact that the rear vents only give outside or A/C yeah that was a stupid idea for cars sold in New England where it's only warm 3 months out of the year. Unfortunately the suspension is not solid feeling, but it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. Looks too much like a Matrix, I once tried to get into one when I first got it, side by side couldn't tell them apart.

The is an inferior vehicle, it is NOT a mini minivan
By spine123

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This IS an inexpensive, cheaply made & poorly designed SMALL car with sliding rear doors, NOT a 'mini' minivan. If you do research, you will find that Mazda has a big mechanical problem with the rear-end camber that Mazda either will not or can not repair on the Mazda5 (as I experienced with too many trips to 2 Mazda dealerships). It leads to a horrible vibration, poor ride, LOUD noise, & premature tire wear. While the car handles relatively well, the engine is grossly underpowered for this small car. The 3 rows are nice but the front seats are very uncomfortable with very little leg room for the average adult. There is little interior storage. This is a poorly built car. DO NOT BUY!

It's a mini minivan
By Soccer Mom

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

A "family" vehicle, I wanted a sportier mom vehicle but something also economical and practical for a family of three. A smaller version of a van. The sliding doors are easy to use for small kids. This is a great kid friendly vehicle. The table between the seats and storage in the seats is great but wish they were a little bigger. There is not enough room for car seats HUGE complaint for me! A stroller will take up the whole back with little room for anything else. The road noise is a bit loud and for a Mazda its not as smooth a ride as I hoped. I do feel safe driving this vehicle. It can be a lot of fun on curvy roads (zoom, zoom, zoom comes to mind.

Feel safe, easy to handle, The mute button on the steer wheel is a plus. I have not yet experienced great gas mileage as they have advertised yet.

My biggest compliant and biggest disappointment is for a family vehicle a childs car seat leaves no room between the front seats and the car seat! Needs more compartments and storage and a little more space in the back. paint can be easily scratched. Auto lock, more power and a bigger sun roof.

Could not have bought a better minivan.
By love my car

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had a Mazda 3 and I can tell you that my Mazda 5is the best car I have bought so far.. It rides so smooth and the comfort is great for my me and my family. We have 4 kids and the ride with comfort. Love it. I got it in color black beautiful.

My sunroof. The front window and lets not forget the sliding doors.

Could have better sound system. But it's ok I still love my car

roaring noise
By Dwight Goldstorm

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Constant roaring noise in the front of the car,which resulted after an accident a month ago. After repairs,which included replacement of one tire, the collision center was unable to find the cause of the roaring noise. As per recommendation by the insurance company took the car to the Mazda dealer where the care was purchased. They replaced a front bearing and an additional tire, but the noise still remains. The tires have been rotated and balanced. The noise is louder at speeds of 65 to 70 mph. The 2010 Mazda 5 was purchased September, 2009. Mileage is 8.739.

Lots of headroom, easy to get in and out. Love the sliding doors. Lots of cargo space. Comfortable front and back seats. Easy to drive and park. Great gas mileage.