2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
The is an inferior vehicle, it is NOT a mini minivan
By spine123 on 10/09/11 14:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This IS an inexpensive, cheaply made & poorly designed SMALL car with sliding rear doors, NOT a 'mini' minivan. If you do research, you will find that Mazda has a big mechanical problem with the rear-end camber that Mazda either will not or can not repair on the Mazda5 (as I experienced with too many trips to 2 Mazda dealerships). It leads to a horrible vibration, poor ride, LOUD noise, & premature tire wear. While the car handles relatively well, the engine is grossly underpowered for this small car. The 3 rows are nice but the front seats are very uncomfortable with very little leg room for the average adult. There is little interior storage. This is a poorly built car. DO NOT BUY!

It's a mini minivan
By Soccer Mom on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

A "family" vehicle, I wanted a sportier mom vehicle but something also economical and practical for a family of three. A smaller version of a van. The sliding doors are easy to use for small kids. This is a great kid friendly vehicle. The table between the seats and storage in the seats is great but wish they were a little bigger. There is not enough room for car seats HUGE complaint for me! A stroller will take up the whole back with little room for anything else. The road noise is a bit loud and for a Mazda its not as smooth a ride as I hoped. I do feel safe driving this vehicle. It can be a lot of fun on curvy roads (zoom, zoom, zoom comes to mind.

Could not have bought a better minivan.
By love my car on 08/27/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had a Mazda 3 and I can tell you that my Mazda 5is the best car I have bought so far.. It rides so smooth and the comfort is great for my me and my family. We have 4 kids and the ride with comfort. Love it. I got it in color black beautiful.

roaring noise
By Dwight Goldstorm on 04/29/10 16:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Constant roaring noise in the front of the car,which resulted after an accident a month ago. After repairs,which included replacement of one tire, the collision center was unable to find the cause of the roaring noise. As per recommendation by the insurance company took the car to the Mazda dealer where the care was purchased. They replaced a front bearing and an additional tire, but the noise still remains. The tires have been rotated and balanced. The noise is louder at speeds of 65 to 70 mph. The 2010 Mazda 5 was purchased September, 2009. Mileage is 8.739.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan in VA is:

$93 per month*