Used 2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Bought M5 7\10 still own 12\15 w\116k Miles
By Momof3

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Love my car, traded in my Suburban for a sporty mom car paid $15,000 out the door. I purchased the basic sport model.

I have only had to replace front struts and the usual maintenance of oil and tranny fluid flush, oh and tires of course. Tires last maybe 2 yrs if you buy quality tires and rotate religiously. I bought after market racks and a cargo box for the top and use it for luggage or chairs for soccer with the easy up and gear. Cargo box was a must, for my family of 5, especially for long road trips! Usually day to day driving, it's just 3 in the car so my M5 has ample room for Costco runs or school back packs.

I just came back from AZ, I live in Nor Cal, with 6 people and the car performed great. I drove to AZ 14 hours & hubby drove back. My 13 yr old son & I sat in the third row I'm 5'5" & so is he. My 21 yr old 5'11" and his tiny gf sat in the middle. My 16yr old 5'3" daughter & hubby 5'9" sat up front. I found the back row very comfy. Of course we had the middle seats up some, but overall a nice ride.

This car has been a very reliable car, I have done many long road trips in it & have never had a single problem. It has a timing chain so that never needs replacing. I have been to WA a few times, AZ a few times, OR a few times, L.A. a few times, San Fran and surrounding areas a lot for soccer, like every weekend for 3 months in a row. Never had a problem.

It is not the quietest car on the road, but I enjoy driving it. I find it easier to get out of the seats than my hubbys 2012 Honda Accord. It handles nice, great turning radius, zippy, easy to park and drive. I may just hand it down to my 16yr old and get the 2015 model since they aren't making these in 2016.

I have never owned a Mazda but I have to say my experience has been good and that makes me very happy since I talked my hubby into buying it for me. Nobody in our families have ever owned Mazda they have been diehard Chevy or Ford people. Other than tire wear which is a pain and costly the car has been a good car.

Strangest danged vehicle I have ever owned.
By anglbebe

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It's so light that when you get a strong cross wind it will push you to the next lane. However, during the record snowstorms recently it plowed right through, where other trucks got stuck. Just wish the tires weren't low profile though. Definitely has get up and go, had a co-worker drive for me and they were surprised at how well it handled and it's get up and go. I drive over 600+ miles a week, this car has not let me down yet *knock on wood*.

I park on the street, and it can fit in the same size space as a Toyota Corolla. Really helpful in a parking ban. The storage in the with the rear seats folded down is great! Fits all the camping gear in. This car loves to go fast, it's so smooth at it that you don't know your going 90 till you look. Set your Cruise Control!

Make it a little heavier, better gas mileage, by making it more aerodynamic. Oh, and give it towing capacity the transmission doesn't need dual capacity. You know the "Old Wives Tale" that the heat and A/C will use up all your gas. This car makes that TRUE! Definitely change that, PLEASE! Also the fact that the rear vents only give outside or A/C yeah that was a stupid idea for cars sold in New England where it's only warm 3 months out of the year. Unfortunately the suspension is not solid feeling, but it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. Looks too much like a Matrix, I once tried to get into one when I first got it, side by side couldn't tell them apart.

Not bad after almost 3 years and 36 k.
By markus81

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car for almost 3 years now. Only had to replace rear shocks under warranty. Doing oil changes and tire rotations every 5 k. Everything runs like new. Still on the original brakes. There is some slight vibration but not noticeable at lower speeds when braking. Also, the tires last only about 25 k. The new tires are wearing slightly already due to aggressive rear camber, which gives the car a sporty ride. This in turn causes a slight steering wheel shake at times. All in all, this is the best and cheapest to maintain car I ever owned. The sliding doors are awesome.

Sliding doors, fold flat seats, aux audio input (works great with my sat radio), automatic climate, rear AC fan, styling (got the side skirts, and spoiler), 17" wheel, sport shift 5 speed transmission, gas mileage, easy to clean and vacuum out, 3rd row seat when you need it, brakes last very long time, I still have 50% left.

who the heck needs a 6 cd changer, Yoko Ono?, why not put a record player in there too, we need an mp3 reader cd player, also please fix the rear camber, I will take the roll over premature tire wear, we need covered storage bin, I do like the gas mileage but 200 hp would be really nice

mazda 5
By asneden

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

we bought this mazda 5 from don elliot dealership in wharton,texas . We had a yery good experience! I love this mazda especially the sliding doors they help with my son. If
I get another vechile again it will be a mazda 5

has a lot of leg room and storage

n/a

One more good review for mazda 5
By ras1305

2010 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

one more good review for mazda 5