2010 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
One more good review for mazda 5
By ras1305 on 02/06/12 13:57 PM (PST)

one more good review for mazda 5

Versatile and Fun, but MPG way off!
By gliese876d on 01/11/11 08:08 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In general I really love my Mazda5. It is fun to drive and highly versatile for my growing family. What I loved most was that I did not have to give up a manual transmission to get a mini-van, and assumed I could get good gas mileage given the advertised 22-28mpg, especially with a 5-speed. That was an important selling point to me because I was trading in a fuel efficient sedan, and did not want to sacrifice fuel efficiency. But so far this car has yet to deliver anywhere close to the adverstised gas mileage. It has not yet *once* even gotten the lowest value of 22mpg since I purchased the vehicle almost 3 months and 3200 miles ago. It is usually an abyssmal 19.5 mpg.

The Best Car Ever
By Mommy of 2 on 03/30/10 06:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my new mazda5 and is the best purchase ever, my family is normal 2 adults 2 small kids and this van is very good the fuel economy is 30 miles of a gallon my kids get in and out with out help and is very easy to park, enough space for groceries if you are not using the 3 row, and if you using it, still have space for couple things. I recommend this car

Mazda5: Nimble and a great value!
By ljmattox on 02/07/10 14:34 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our new Mazda5 is filling our need for a versatile, fun-to-drive, and economical vehicle. We chose the Sport model as it's the only version with a stick shift, yet even this most basic version includes automatic climate control, four-wheel disc brakes, alloy wheels, traction control plus stability control, and a plush-enough interior for long trips or evenings out with friends. We'll likely use the 6-person capacity only rarely, but still nice to have, while more frequently 4 people travel with plenty of room in very-adjustable captains chair seating. At its price point, no other competitor includes as much content or room. Or seems as nimble-handling and fun to drive on a daily basis.

So close to fantastic...
By New5er on 01/24/10 14:05 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the vehicle just over a month ago to replace a 2005 Elantra (great car btw). Was immediately struck by how great it is to drive; from the driver's seat, you really feel like you're driving a Mazda3, NOT a minivan! Kids loved the mid seats (captains), and considered it a 'cool' looking car. Fantastic view all around, and handles amazingly. After a bit of time, though, some things have started to gnaw: no 'hidden' cubbies to hide GPS's, spare change, etc.; turning on the auto climate control automatically kicks in the a/c (it's January... in Canada... c'mon!). Overall, though, no regrets in getting this vehicle; if you can overlook the lack of cubbies, it'll serve the avg. family well!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda5 in VA is:

$94 per month*