Used 2010 Mazda 5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Strangest danged vehicle I have ever owned.
By anglbebe

2010 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It's so light that when you get a strong cross wind it will push you to the next lane. However, during the record snowstorms recently it plowed right through, where other trucks got stuck. Just wish the tires weren't low profile though. Definitely has get up and go, had a co-worker drive for me and they were surprised at how well it handled and it's get up and go. I drive over 600+ miles a week, this car has not let me down yet *knock on wood*.

Favorite Features

I park on the street, and it can fit in the same size space as a Toyota Corolla. Really helpful in a parking ban. The storage in the with the rear seats folded down is great! Fits all the camping gear in. This car loves to go fast, it's so smooth at it that you don't know your going 90 till you look. Set your Cruise Control!

Suggested Improvements

Make it a little heavier, better gas mileage, by making it more aerodynamic. Oh, and give it towing capacity the transmission doesn't need dual capacity. You know the "Old Wives Tale" that the heat and A/C will use up all your gas. This car makes that TRUE! Definitely change that, PLEASE! Also the fact that the rear vents only give outside or A/C yeah that was a stupid idea for cars sold in New England where it's only warm 3 months out of the year. Unfortunately the suspension is not solid feeling, but it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. Looks too much like a Matrix, I once tried to get into one when I first got it, side by side couldn't tell them apart.

Not bad after almost 3 years and 36 k.
By markus81

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car for almost 3 years now. Only had to replace rear shocks under warranty. Doing oil changes and tire rotations every 5 k. Everything runs like new. Still on the original brakes. There is some slight vibration but not noticeable at lower speeds when braking. Also, the tires last only about 25 k. The new tires are wearing slightly already due to aggressive rear camber, which gives the car a sporty ride. This in turn causes a slight steering wheel shake at times. All in all, this is the best and cheapest to maintain car I ever owned. The sliding doors are awesome.

Favorite Features

Sliding doors, fold flat seats, aux audio input (works great with my sat radio), automatic climate, rear AC fan, styling (got the side skirts, and spoiler), 17" wheel, sport shift 5 speed transmission, gas mileage, easy to clean and vacuum out, 3rd row seat when you need it, brakes last very long time, I still have 50% left.

Suggested Improvements

who the heck needs a 6 cd changer, Yoko Ono?, why not put a record player in there too, we need an mp3 reader cd player, also please fix the rear camber, I will take the roll over premature tire wear, we need covered storage bin, I do like the gas mileage but 200 hp would be really nice

mazda 5
By asneden

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

we bought this mazda 5 from don elliot dealership in wharton,texas . We had a yery good experience! I love this mazda especially the sliding doors they help with my son. If I get another vechile again it will be a mazda 5

Favorite Features

has a lot of leg room and storage

Suggested Improvements

n/a

One more good review for mazda 5
By ras1305

2010 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

one more good review for mazda 5

Noisy, Noisy, Noisy
By 2010minivan

2010 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Air noise makes top skylight window intollerable on any amount of side wind. Front trans-axil noise is very loud with only 20k miles. Dealer says it is tire cupping. So...they cannot fix and the noise is so loud that I cannot hear the radio at a normal volume. Other than the noise, noise, noise, this is a good car to meet my needs. Fuel economy is as advertised. My Mazda truck is a nice quiet truck so I do not have a problem with Mazda.

Favorite Features

Good entry and loading with side doors

Suggested Improvements

Orange light on Drive Indicator can be a nuisance. Would have been better if it were dimmable or blue or white. Orange usually indicates a "trouble" indicator.