2010 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Not bad after almost 3 years and 36 k.
By markus81 on 08/31/13 13:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car for almost 3 years now. Only had to replace rear shocks under warranty. Doing oil changes and tire rotations every 5 k. Everything runs like new. Still on the original brakes. There is some slight vibration but not noticeable at lower speeds when braking. Also, the tires last only about 25 k. The new tires are wearing slightly already due to aggressive rear camber, which gives the car a sporty ride. This in turn causes a slight steering wheel shake at times. All in all, this is the best and cheapest to maintain car I ever owned. The sliding doors are awesome.

mazda 5
By asneden on 03/13/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

we bought this mazda 5 from don elliot dealership in wharton,texas . We had a yery good experience! I love this mazda especially the sliding doors they help with my son. If I get another vechile again it will be a mazda 5

One more good review for mazda 5
By ras1305 on 02/06/12 13:57 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

one more good review for mazda 5

Noisy, Noisy, Noisy
By 2010minivan on 01/11/12 15:29 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Air noise makes top skylight window intollerable on any amount of side wind. Front trans-axil noise is very loud with only 20k miles. Dealer says it is tire cupping. So...they cannot fix and the noise is so loud that I cannot hear the radio at a normal volume. Other than the noise, noise, noise, this is a good car to meet my needs. Fuel economy is as advertised. My Mazda truck is a nice quiet truck so I do not have a problem with Mazda.

Horrible Drivetrain
By nj_drive on 11/22/11 08:28 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned the vehicle for 18 months now and have accumulated 25,000 miles. We have already had to replace the stock tires due to the originals wearing out. We took the vehicle to the dealer for all maintainence and we had a passenger side axle have to be replaced due to defect at 16,000 miles. At 25,000 miles the transmission decided to blow up. When in the dealership getting the trans replaced, they also found the drivers side axle was defective and also had to be replaced. The car gets around 32 mpg as we drove it from Iowa to NJ 10 times over the past 18 months. It is great with the entertainment package, as the kids love it. It is a little underpowered when going over steep hills.

The is an inferior vehicle, it is NOT a mini minivan
By spine123 on 10/09/11 14:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This IS an inexpensive, cheaply made & poorly designed SMALL car with sliding rear doors, NOT a 'mini' minivan. If you do research, you will find that Mazda has a big mechanical problem with the rear-end camber that Mazda either will not or can not repair on the Mazda5 (as I experienced with too many trips to 2 Mazda dealerships). It leads to a horrible vibration, poor ride, LOUD noise, & premature tire wear. While the car handles relatively well, the engine is grossly underpowered for this small car. The 3 rows are nice but the front seats are very uncomfortable with very little leg room for the average adult. There is little interior storage. This is a poorly built car. DO NOT BUY!

An Affordable Fun Family Friendly Sporty Mommy Vehicle
By sardidii on 03/06/11 07:35 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

You get what you ask for! I LOVE this vehicle! I had NEVER bought a Brand New car before in my 38years. I DID my research. I wanted a Fun, Safe, Reliable car/wagon/crossover thing that was perfect for a family of 4 with a dog. I wanted something that was safe, fun to drive, good on gas and affordable. I also wanted to have the ability to haul another person just in case i had to. I ended up with this gorgeous Mazda5 and I am so happy with it! I have been asked several times already by people in Parking lots what it was. I fit comfotably in it and i am tall. The sliding doors make it easy for the children to get in and out of. It is fun to drive!

Versatile and Fun, but MPG way off!
By gliese876d on 01/11/11 08:08 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In general I really love my Mazda5. It is fun to drive and highly versatile for my growing family. What I loved most was that I did not have to give up a manual transmission to get a mini-van, and assumed I could get good gas mileage given the advertised 22-28mpg, especially with a 5-speed. That was an important selling point to me because I was trading in a fuel efficient sedan, and did not want to sacrifice fuel efficiency. But so far this car has yet to deliver anywhere close to the adverstised gas mileage. It has not yet *once* even gotten the lowest value of 22mpg since I purchased the vehicle almost 3 months and 3200 miles ago. It is usually an abyssmal 19.5 mpg.

Best Car Ever!
By mandydj on 12/17/10 23:41 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Love this car! Comfortable to drive, and ride. Great acceloration, great room, I have three kids and I use this car for work, I drive my clients to their apointments, grocery shopping, etc. Love the sliding doors. Very easy, dont have to worry about tight parking spots. I love the back seats, you can put them down for cargo or use them. The only complaint I would say it is a little bumpy, and a lot of road noise on the freeway. Other than that, Its the perfect car.

Very noisy & bumpy ride
By JANIE on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle is without a doubt the most noisy and bumpy ride that I've ever owned. Just going over a manhole cover can be a teeth-rattling experience. I'm taking it to the dealership this week to have that problem checked out. Very poor suspension? Bad tires? I certainly don't know, but hope that they can do something about it. After driving a Mazda MPV for 8 years, I really miss the cargo space. When I first looked at the M5, I thought that it seemed rather less than the MPV, so asked the salesman how the cargo space compared with the MPV. His reply was, "It's the same". What a lie that turned out to be. Nearly impossible to get my bike into the back - even with 2nd row down.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda5 in NJ is:

$158 per month*