2009 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: I like it, but with reservatio

2009 Mazda 5 Minivan - Consumer Review

I like it, but with reservations
By jay_gloab on

2009 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I like but don't love this car. I like its compact dimensions but wish it was bigger inside. I think when it's paid off I'm going to get a small four-door economy car to be my daily driver and a used full-size minivan for when I need to haul more people or more stuff. It's easy and relatively fun to drive, and fairly economical - I get ~30mpg on the highway. It has been mostly reliable, but I've just had to have the rear shocks replaced for the second time in under 50,000 miles, which appears to be a common problem.

Maneuverability - this is a parking lot champ Versatility - I keep the 3rd row seats folded down most of the time, but being able to carry 4 adults and two kids has come in handy Performance w/manual transmission - it's no speed demon, but it's far more responsive than most cars of this ilk Sliding rear doors - some hate them because of the minivanish stigma, but they are super-convenient

Better rear suspension! Front seat is cramped for me (6'0"). Auto climate control needs more flexibility - you should be able to select the zones and fan speed without it turning off Auto. The clips that hold the headlight bulbs in are absolutely infuriating.