Downsized from a Chevy Minivan
By Linda M. on
2009 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
We purchased this a week ago, and so far, so good. I got tired of lugging around a big minivan at 15mpg local, just to do mostly local errands, little league, lugging furniture from IKEA, etc. My family of 3 takes a 3000 mile road trip every year or two, and I did not want to sacrifice the comfort & cargo area of a van. The Mazda 5 seems like the perfect solution. Better mileage, sleeker (drives more like a wagon than a van) and I don't have to give up the cargo space I am used to having. I have used less than half a tank of gas so far, and cannot yet evaluate the true mileage. Much easier to park than a full size van.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive. Comfortable. Sleek body, easy to park, great a/c, lots of seating/cargo options, good price for this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
I'm short & with seat adjustments, I am comfortable, but my husband is 6'1" and he is relatively comfortable but could probably use a few more inches of legroom. More cubbys & storage bins needed. Glove box is narrow inside. No good place to put your maps, & small stuff, other than in the door.