2009 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: '09 Mazda 5

2009 Mazda 5 Minivan - Consumer Review

'09 Mazda 5
By MazdaFan09 on

2009 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Mazda5 Grand Touring about a month ago. I love this car. This is my 4th Mazda and by far my favorite. Build quality is great, transmission is smooth as well as the ride. I was looking for an alternative to an SUV with good MPG and easy to drive. I probably will never use the third row, but the cargo room is great. It has all the features of my Mazda3 with more space and better ride. This is not a minivan, more like a sport wagon with sliding doors. I agree if it were fully loaded it may be a little underpowered. For the two of us around town or roadtrip it's perfect and now there's room for the dogs. There's not an SUV as well as equipped as this for the price.

Tons of space, Smooth Ride, Auto Transmission, Great SUV Alternative, Ipod Jack, Sirius Radio, Good Ride Height and Visibility. Automatic headlights, wipers and climate control and the sliding doors. I got to keep my favorite features from my Mazda3, the Xenon Headlights and the Mazda Zoom Zoom.

I agree it could use a couple more inches of legroom up front. Tinted windows would help. Add an integrated subwoofer. They could rethink the console. It is low and small without the ability to cover your belongings. Needs better cargo organizer. Add a V6 or Speed Version.