2008 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: SUCH a great car! Hidden gem!

2008 Mazda 5 - Consumer Review

SUCH a great car! Hidden gem!
By Hector on

2008 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I really feel this is one gem of a car. It does so many things well that one wouldn't expect in a family car of this type. It's refined and performs well, yet it's still economical and affordable. It handles like a much smaller sports car (Miata/MX-5 and 3 DNA immediately apparent), has good pick up, a nice ride, a quiet interior, many luxury features, safety, comfort, convenience, good fuel economy AND loads of style/good looks. Can you get any better? I drive my 5 with pride and sing "Zoom Zoom Zoom" in my head while doing so.

Styling, ride and handling! LOVE bluetooth, auto a/c with rear vents, 17" rims w/sporty tires, HID headlights, LED rear lights, auto wipers, stereo w/good sound and aux port, leather seats, folding seats w/secret compartments and fold out tray, and so much more. Too many features to mention!

No car is perfect, but this one comes close! I would suggest the following: a more powerful engine with either the same or better fuel economy, better interior headliner, more interior lighting esp. for the rear, manual tranny for all trims and availability of AWD and an even higher-end stereo.