2008 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: Still Happy After a Year

2008 Mazda 5 - Consumer Review

Still Happy After a Year
By cobracoach on

2008 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded a Tribute on this car and have not regretted the decision, other than my need for towing my lawn mower on occasion. Fuel economy is consistently in the 27-28 mpg area and have two tanks to go 33 and 35 on trips. I've owned several Hondas and find this comparable to Honda quality and performance, and greatly superior to the 1999 Odessey I owned. Space is adequate and the hidden cubbies are fantastic. Others complain about the short seat, but I find them extremely comfortable. I got stranded one time when I couldn't get the gas cap off and the tank was almost on empty and I was 100 miles from home. Had to break out the cap, but problem has not reoccurred.

Storage cubbies, sliding doors, fun to drive, low enough to the ground to be easy to get in and out of for an old fellow like me. Dependable and reliable (extremely important.

Ability to tow small loads (European models can, rear blower to blow heat as well as a/c, roof racks standard.