Perfect Size
By kb on
2008 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
My wife and I bought a Copper Red Touring model just two weeks ago, after I spent almost a full year researching the 5. We have two young boys and only occasionally need to carry extra passengers, so this vehicle will be perfect for us. We leave the third-row seats folded flat, and it provides more cargo area (and more versatile use of that area) than a typical sedan. I find the ride rather comfortable -- a little stiff on pavement seams, but I think that's a deliberate trade-off Mazda made to achieve the sportier handling in line with its corporate image. And it does handle very nicely. This is our first Mazda, so we're hoping it will be as reliable as the Hondas we've had. So far so good.
Favorite Features
All four rear seats fold down independently, making the cargo area quite versatile; handling; lots of standard features for the price; most of the benefits of a full-size minivan without the higher price and poor fuel economy; unique and sporty styling.
Suggested Improvements
A little lacking for places for the front passengers to put stuff -- the center console is small and has no lid, and there is no real storage on the dash other than the glove box.