2008 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: Perfect for husband, wife and

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan - Consumer Review

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan

Perfect for husband, wife and three kids
By theescarletandgray on

2008 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I am 6'3" tall and wanted to get better gas mileage than my Aztek, but I didn't want to sacrifice a ton of leg room. My wife and I shopped for a RAV4, but the lack of leg room scared me away, specifically around the knees. The Mazda 5 has good leg room and is comfortable. My children can easily open and close the sliding doors. With a new child on the way one of the two other children is already looking forward to the third row. With the third row folded down there is plenty of storage space. When people are in the third row there is very little room, only enough for an umbrella stroller. This car is perfect for my daily commute. It is great for short jaunts or day trips.

The autostick makes driving a little more exciting and is great for on-ramp merges or highway passing. I have gotten used to the Bluetooth and miss it in my other vehicle. This car handles great and the seats are comfortable. The underseat storage is unique and very useful.

It would be nice if the driver's seat went back one more notch, but I understand this car wasn't built for NBA centers. The vehicle doesn't come with tinted windows. I got them as an option to shade the children in the back.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review