2008 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: My New Mini- MiniVan !

2008 Mazda 5 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring Passenger Minivan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

My New Mini- MiniVan !
By NAA on

2008 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking for good gas mileage, the right price with optional 6 passenger seating when we spotted a 2008 Mazda 5. It is easy for the kids to open the sliding doors to get in and out. The second row seating is comfortable and has a great bin for toys and cups. Now I can pick up my friends kids or transport family when I need to. The Mazda 5 third row folds down so easily when not in use. I can't believe the ergonomic storage room . I bought a snow blower for my husband and there was no problem sliding it in the back of the car with room to spare. My 6'4 husband fits in the drivers seat but the glove box in the pass is tight. We are pleased with the overall performance of the 5.

I love having the phone and radio/cd controls on the steering wheel. Heated seats and bluetooth are great! The sliding side doors are great in tight places. Comfortable arm rests. The easy folding third row is great and allows for good cargo area. The 5 is fun to drive!

Warning to families with little ones- my 5 year old got his hand closed in the sliding door. He reached up there as I was sliding the door from outside. Luckily the weather striping saved him. Automatic doors with warning would be nice but would come at a price. Also TCS. We bought snow tires as well