I love this car!
By Jay and Emme on
2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
The Mazda5 has been one of the most fun cars I've owned. After finding out we were going to become a family of six rather than five, we needed a vehicle that could hold us all and traded in our sedan. We already have a large minivan and I wanted something better on gas and a bit sportier, so we bought the Grand Touring. The four kids fit fine, though it is umbrella stroller only as there is almost no trunk space. Trips require use of the luggage rack with 5+ people. I love the nimbleness in traffic and the tight turn base and size makes parking a breeze. It definitely has some zoom-zoom compared to other family vans. The 5 is fun to drive, has nice features and I get about 26 mpg.
Favorite Features
The Mazda5 displays welcomes you when turn on with a friendly, "Hello!" The automatic stuff is nice, including climate control, lights (which you can also turn off) and even the wind-shield wiper. The GT5 has integrated Bluetooth with very good call clarity. Phone/radio controls on the wheel.
Suggested Improvements
That the radio stay on when the key is taken out until the door is opened. That the electrical plug-ins work with the key out. The Japanese model comes with optional remote control side doors. Roof rack would be much nicer if vertical. Why a left side gas tank? Driver's side easier to fill.