2008 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: Good and Bad

2008 Mazda 5 Minivan - Consumer Review

Good and Bad
By bsdgbach on

2008 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This van is nice for a short person (under 5'2") Even with the front seat all the way back a 6' person is crunched up. I get the recommended oil changes and every time I go there is a problem that ends up costing $$$. I even with warranty on it. I have replaced the tires. We bought this in mid 08. with in 6 months the 1 of the brakes had a problem. In the past 6 mo. there is a sorta squeaking sound. Coming from underneath every little bump/turn. Banging from underneath in back last year was fixed. Now another banging coming from front. Mechanic tightened up everything-But still there. Windshield wiper rarely work as supposed to-usually need to adjust manually.

I love the sliding back door (easy to get the kids out when close to cars). Turning corners -still takes corners smoothly. I like the turning radius (very small) I like the hiding area under middle row seats. The extra row of seats/storage depending on my needs. Love the arm rest in the front and the middle row seats.

Cup holders need to be in a better place, and more of them up front. Higher arm rest. Automatic headlight Turn On/off when car turns on/off. Front bumper needs to be higher-they are to low to ground for when the snow on the roads gets high. Better quality driver side floor mat. Don't use leather from pigs-when it is damp the car smells a little like a pig farm. Heat to the middle row seats- thankfully it has air conditioning but really needs heat also.