2008 Mazda 5 Consumer Review: Fun and useful all in one pack

2008 Mazda 5 - Consumer Review

Grand Touring Passenger Minivan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Fun and useful all in one package!
By 5For5 on

2008 Mazda 5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We traded our Honda Pilot earlier this year for the Mazda5. The Pilot is a great car, but it's not the best if you're short (5'2") like me for getting children, groceries, and strollers in and out. The 5 is awesome! It has tons of room for a wagon or my bike plus room for the children. They can open the doors and get in themselves which is a blessing. And it's so much fun to drive. It's the best part of going to work. :) I haven't enjoyed a car this much since I had my beloved old Escort.

They styling is like minivan eye candy. Love the extra space in the middle captain's chairs. Fantastic turning radius. I've tracked my MPG and it's 25.5. My husband gets 23 though with the zoom zoom. :) The steering wheel controls are great, as well as the moonroof. The Sirius and CD are fantastic.

Upgrade the plastic a bit on the inside. Tinted windows would be really nice. Add the jump seat for a 7th passenger like the Japanese version (Premacy). Toss some of the fun Premacy colors over here too, like the dark purple and fire engine red. :)