2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Perfect Vehicle
By The Chief on 05/01/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I am stationed in Japan and we have a 2006 Madza 5 (Premacy in Japan). This is far one of the best vehicle for a family of 4. This is a very popular vehicle in Japan, not to big and not to small. Has all the right features with an affordable price tag. We love our Premacy so much that we decided to purchase a new 08 Mazda5 Touring from great dealer in Illinois. It will be ready for pick up upon our arrival. We can't wait to drive our new and improved Mazda5.

Ultimate Fuel Efficient People Mover
By hondax2 on 04/30/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Made the quick decision to downsize once gas prices moved towards $4/gallon. This Mazda5 has the entire family's rapt adoration. We and our two kids (9 and 11) find it to be an ideal vehicle with its surprisingly versatile and roomy interior space and its remarkable fuel efficiency. In mixed driving situations, I am averaging 28 MPG with my lowest numbers at 25 MPG and my highest highway-only tank at 33 MPG. This car is peppy, sporty, and eye-catching (lots of comments from others). We'll be taking it soon on its first cross-country trip. I may have more to report then. To this point, I say "Thumbs up. Way up, on this very cool little car!"

My mini-minivan
By rlaw on 04/29/08 04:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Seats six comfortably, gets great gas mileage and it really fun to drive. It's actually my wife's van but we both couldn't be happier. Kept our 2003 Protege because we still love that Mazda.

Best Kept Secret
By FamilyOf4 on 04/27/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We test drove all the minivans out there, since we needed the sliding doors feature for our growing family. After doing all the research, it's hard to understand why there are so few on the road out there ! We have every option, minus the navigation, and love it. To get the Bluetooth, DVD system, etc., on other makes, you have to buy the top of the line. Not worth it ! The gas mileage is much better too, and these days that factors into the purchase greatly. Very comfortable for everyone, from driver, to the people in the 3rd row.

I'm in LOVE with my Mazda5 !!
By krispy on 04/26/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After lots of research we purchased our Mazda5 08 Touring Automatic. We are so happy we decided on this car. This replaced my 96 Explorer. We have 2 young kids & they love it. The 2 folding seats in the back are perfect for any little friends we bring along & when not in use the back fits all my Costco groceries. Love the sliding doors, steering wheel radio controls, power locks/doors & sunroof. I drive a pretty even combo of city/hwy & got 25 mpg. It looks so sporty! It drives great & is really quick. I'm impressed with the engine I have no problem passing cars. Since going from a V8 I was little scared but for no reason. Great for the price, mpg & room! Go get one!

Mazda5 GT (Canada)
By D. Ricard on 04/25/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Practical every-day car that handles great and has a few interesting standard features such as rain sensing wipers, automatic headlamps and Bluetooth. Overall, good value for money.

One awesome vehicle
By Happy Owner on 04/20/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Mazda hit a home run with this vehicle. We are very happy with everything. We couldn't ask for anything better in the Mazda 5. The size looks small, but, it is perfect for our family of 4 plus two others when needed. Plenty of comfort, room, quiet, and peppy engine - now I know why they say zoom zoom in the commercials! Have had the car two weeks and just filled up the tank yesterday. MPG was 23, with mostly city driving. I expect a couple more MPG with a broken in engine. I can't wait for a road trip. I expect 28-30 on the highway - if not, I'll write another review. This is a must see and drive on your list. We bought it over a new Honda Odyssey due to cost and fuel mileage.

Great vehicle for large families too!
By jill reed on 04/14/08 21:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We are a family of six and went from an Expedition to the Mazda5. Great car, we all fit very comfortably, no complaints there. The gas mileage rocks, very hard to find a sporty vehicle that fits the whole family and gets great gas mileage! Love it.

New Mazda 2008
By bigbear54 on 04/11/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2006 Sport for a 2008 Touring and I really appreciate the improvements Mazda has made. My gas milage was approximately 25 mpg on the 06, since driving my 08 for the past month I have been averaging approximately 31 mpg back and forth to work and around town. I haven't made a trip on the expressway so I do not know what the mileage will be for a long roaqd trip, but I imagine it would be up around 33 to 34 not bad.

Good sport wagon
By Stillageek on 04/04/08 10:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I refuse to use the "M" word, I call mine a sport wagon. I was looking at a Toyota Matrix and Scion XB. The 5 cost less and has more room. We have no kids, but we like the utility and versatility. I bought the gt without nav. Coming from an acura tsx I only lost power seats, dual a/c, traction control, stability control and the need for premium gas. I love this thing. I can't believe I have gone 16 years of driving without sliding doors. The engine and power is kind like the TSX....enough for everyday with a little extra for fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.