2008 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
A Fun Ride
By Joe Fagan on 06/30/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Shopped around extensively, came back to the 5. Have a family of 5, 2 tweens, 1 teen fit just perfect. Good for new families and existing. Parked the Suburban for now. Have had the 5 for two months and cannot keep the wife out of it. For you guys that don't want to be seen in a mini van, this is the way to go. Great value for the price.

Tickled Green
By Stapes on 06/22/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Regrettably traded in my Acura RDX for a better gas mileage Mazda 5 Grand Touring, Golden Sand color. The 5 is no Acura but it's a pretty darn good substitution. The interior quality is very good. The acceleration is very smooth and the drive quality is outstanding. First tank with combo city/hwy got 26 MPG, which is what I was hoping for. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

SUCH a great car! Hidden gem!
By Hector on 06/12/08 09:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I really feel this is one gem of a car. It does so many things well that one wouldn't expect in a family car of this type. It's refined and performs well, yet it's still economical and affordable. It handles like a much smaller sports car (Miata/MX-5 and 3 DNA immediately apparent), has good pick up, a nice ride, a quiet interior, many luxury features, safety, comfort, convenience, good fuel economy AND loads of style/good looks. Can you get any better? I drive my 5 with pride and sing "Zoom Zoom Zoom" in my head while doing so.

Great alternative
By Dave on 06/08/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Traded a 2004 Kia Sorento 4x4 and looked at over thirty different vehicles before purchasing the Mazda5. I feel it is without a doubt the best on the market for the price and features available. I would like to see auto locking/unlocking doors, power seats and tinted windows. Offer a turbo version and just try to keep these in stock.

Who would have ever thought!
By 3girlsmom on 05/30/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a Lexus LS 430 for this Mazda5 and I don't miss my Lexus! I have 3 girls and the room is just perfect and the MPG is an addition plus. Very fun to drive, awesome turning radius, just the right amount of features, unbelieveable price, gas efficient... all to say my kids love it! If you are in the market, you will have to test drive this one. I have a feeling that the Mazda5 is going to gain popularity very quickly! I love the white on tan, the tan isn't too light, and the white is pearl... beautiful!

My second review
By TKLK on 05/26/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Have had the car for almost two months now. Still happy with it! Gas mileage has been 25 or 26 mpg mixed. No long trips yet. The car should have daytime running lights, automatic locking doors and rear tinted windows as standard features. Didn't realize it didn't have them when we test drove. Climate controls take a while to get used to - they are not very intuitive.

Best car out there for the price
By AntosMom on 05/24/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I normally have a family of four, sometimes its a family of 6. Also, have a dog we like to take sometimes. This car meets ALL our needs, fits 6, gets good gas mileage because of that. Typical vans and SUVs just cant compete. I am an avid Honda, Toyota lover though a couple years ago decided to also love MAZDA. Started w/a Mazda 3 went right into a 5. I'm all about the ZOOM, ZOOM!!!

A minivan for the rest of us!
By Naturalmom on 05/14/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

With our third child on the way, we were looking for the most fuel efficient option for a family using three car seats. The Mazda5 accommodated three car seats comfortably, something that our sedan did not. On our first long-distance trip, we got 31 MPG! Our average is around 25 MPG, and that beats the average of 19 MPG for a regular minivan. Though there is not much cargo space, we love how easy it is to shift the seats to accomodate an extra person or haul something bulky. The Mazda5 is the most fuel-efficient option for a family like ours, and it is fun to drive!

Mazda5 one of the best cars made!
By mazdamaniac on 05/13/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have a red GT, loaded with every option! Navigation system, power roof, powerful stereo! Great looking body, fantastic build quality, rich interior, and the best production paint job I've ever seen! Build quality is superb. I've had top of the line Toyotas, Hondas, VWs, Mercedes, BMW and some Italian cars... none as well made!

Love this minivan
By cubbygirl on 05/12/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove other regular-sized minivans, and none compared to this. I felt like I was driving a box while driving the other ones. Not fun at all. Once I got into the Mazda5, it was truly ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM! The third rear seat is crampy though, so we only use it for emergencies when we need to haul around 6 people! Otherwise, our doggie fits perfectly with the seats flattend! I would recommend this car to any parent who wants to have enough room to fit everyone and everything, yet still feel young!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.