2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Downsizing
By drumnow on 08/09/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Traded down (size wise) from a Chrysler town and country, also have Jeep Cherokee and Mazda miata. As far as size, there is a noticeable difference. Some things also seem 'cheap' compared to the Chrysler. But we bought this car because of the price and gas mileage and sliding doors. Mostly for the gas mileage. Wish we could have found a galaxy grey with leather this late in the season.

Enjoying the zoom-zoom
By jmason on 08/09/08 04:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We've had this car about 8 months (first 2008 out of the dealership) and have been very satisfied with it. Gas mileage is about what was estimated (actual- 22 city, 30 highway), which is good for a minivan. For a family of 4, each person gets their own seat with a huge trunk (rear seats down), with the option of ferrying a couple of friends around for short trips. For the price and value, I don't know why I don't see more on the road (although I see more in Canada). Only issue that I see so far is the front grille seems too low to the ground and I worry about hitting it on a concrete divider when parking in a public lot.

Excellent Choice!
By henrob on 08/01/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

When my daughter decided to go to college in-state, we had enough funds to get her a new car for school. We decided the car should last her 10 years, so tried to figure out the car that she would love now as well as 10 years from now. Looked at 2009 Matrix, 2008 RAV-4, 2008 CR-V. Choice was RAV-4 UNTIL she drove Mazda 5. Fun to drive, seat layout, and cargo space won her over. The after-thought car became the obvious choice. She absolutely loves everything about it. About $2000 cheaper than the RAV-4 made me happy. She made a great choice.

Great small van
By Meesha1 on 07/28/08 06:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is our first minivan. We are very happy so far. The handling and comfort are great. The list of standard features is exceptional - cruise, power windows and doors, steering wheel controls etc. The air conditioner will blow you away - very good. The front and curtain side airbags protects everyone in the vehicle.

I love my Mazda 5
By Heatherpoo on 07/19/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving my Mazda 5 for about 3 months and couldn't be happier with it. I needed a larger car to accommodate my growing family (baby #2 is on the way). The Mazda 5 is perfect for my needs. Even though it is very compact on the inside, it is surprisingly roomy on the inside. It is easier to drive than a big, clunky mini-van. I can even fit it in most compact parking spaces. In addition it can seat 6, although I wouldn't recommend this car for a family of 4 unless you're not in need of much trunk space. The trunk is plenty roomy enough to fit my jogging stroller and groceries with the third row seats down, and the gas mileage is really good for a vehicle it's size.

Great Car...Great Value
By Geoman on 07/09/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my BMW for a GT Mazda 5. While I miss my beemer's overall performance, I do like the GT, it's practicality, style & gas economy. Best of all I can feed the GT 87 octane instead of 93 octane for the BMW!

Love It So Far
By dadof2 on 07/07/08 08:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Have a family of 4 with a 3 year old and an infant. Wanted to find a vehicle with a 3rd row so my wife could sit with the kids on long trips and entertain/distract them while I drive but still get decent gas mileage. So far the Mazda 5 has been great. Getting about 23 mpg city, 29 hwy. Able to put the kids in the middle row and my wife or even I (5'10) am able to sit in the back. For a day trip it is fine. There isn't much cargo space with the back seats up - so we will probably get a roof rack eventually. The handling is excellent, pick up is so-so but fine enough for a family car. Features on the GT make me feel like I got a luxury vehicle

A Great Solution to Gas Guzzling SUVs
By New Mazda Fan on 07/04/08 02:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Soon to be a family of 6 and all 3 of my kids fit comfortably (ages 13,6,3). Each kid loves having their own seat. Sold my 05 Tundra dbl cab to get this and don't regret it. At least with this car I don't feel like crying at the pump when it's fill up time. I'm very impressed with Mazda. Very well priced for what you get, for what is standard on this car, is usually a option on most others. It's a great solution for families that need the seating capacity of a SUV or minivan. The sticker price is less, and your gas bill will be a whole lot less. Best of all it drives like a sports car, not a minivan, so the husbands will have fun driving it. I do.

2008 Grand Touring
By rotorbaru on 07/03/08 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Very nice vehicle, particularly for the money. The HID headlight are great, the ride very smooth and yet sporty, engine power is fine, nice interior layout and decent fuel mileage. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone with the need to transport 4 people (it can take six for shorter trips, less than 2 hours). The 5 spd auto is very nice, it auto downshifts when breaking for a corner coming down a hill to add engine breaking.

Highly Recommended!!
By ArthurFour on 07/02/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I am in love with our Mazda5 Sport automatic! My husband and I were in the market for a vehicle that could seat our family of four, plus an additional 2 friends, grandparents, etc. I didn't want to go the minivan route - and we were trying to avoid a hulking SUV. We looked at the RAV-4 with a third-row seat and the Highlander, but decided to test the Mazda. We immediately loved the handling, seat configuration, fuel economy, and general versatility! It is also quite unique - and several of our friends have been really impressed by it. If you are considering getting the touring for the engine, we recommend just the sport auto because the engine is very peppy... no need to spend extra $

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.