2008 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Great Car
By AdoboDude on 11/23/08 23:22 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car on Dec 31, 2007. 2008 Mazda 5 GT. Power is adequate. Acceleration is ok, handling is superb, great gas mileage. About 23-25 mpg in LA traffic, but I did log 31 mpg going to San Francisco with 3 adults and 2 kids. Took me a long time to decide between the new CRV to the 5, but I sincerely believe that I made the right choice.

It thinks it's a van... but it's not
By dee on 11/20/08 10:43 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Thought it would be a smaller alternative to a van, bought it when gas was $4.00+. It is way too small, can haul 6 people/4 with stuff, but not both. Cons: non-lighted mirrors, small useless cubbies without lids, industrial looking fabric, door ajar light doesn't specify which door, gas cap is very hard to get off, wimpy horn, can't close windows with car off, small sunroof, would switch volume with placement of radio change buttons (don't change volume often, but you always change stations, add on/off button), cubbie under middle seat can't be accessed while driving, sunshade is too short-useless, light in truck have off/on/door, armrest must be up to access back.

I am in love!!
By dopey on 11/14/08 12:48 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car!! It has every feature you want. I didn't want an suv or mini- van. This car is perfect. It is so much fun to drive. I didn't like the style at first. The car grows on you. All my neighbors compliment the car every time I see them. It's great for a small family. My 2 and half year old loves having his own seat too. The only down fall is my stroller fits on an angle. Also, the automatic car starter from Mazda is awesome. It worth every penny.

My New Mini- MiniVan !
By NAA on 11/10/08 13:01 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking for good gas mileage, the right price with optional 6 passenger seating when we spotted a 2008 Mazda 5. It is easy for the kids to open the sliding doors to get in and out. The second row seating is comfortable and has a great bin for toys and cups. Now I can pick up my friends kids or transport family when I need to. The Mazda 5 third row folds down so easily when not in use. I can't believe the ergonomic storage room . I bought a snow blower for my husband and there was no problem sliding it in the back of the car with room to spare. My 6'4 husband fits in the drivers seat but the glove box in the pass is tight. We are pleased with the overall performance of the 5.

Mazda5 Notes
By KHS on 10/25/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Traded my Volvo 940 Wagon for the Mazda5 GT. Use primarily for business. I need cargo room, and hate SUVs. First, the gas mileage is awesome... 39 mpg on my recent road trip. Easy vehicle to work from. Sliding doors help. No mechanical issues, noises, squeaks or rattles. Really solid car. However, I miss the comfort of my Volvo. The seat bottoms are too short, and too narrow. The climate controls are way too complicated. The gas & brake pedals are too close together. As others have noted, the interior plastics are poor quality, and scuff easily. Storage is sparse. Map pockets in the doors are preferred to the bottle holders. There is a storage pocket behind the driver's seat only.

I love this car!
By Jay and Emme on 10/21/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The Mazda5 has been one of the most fun cars I've owned. After finding out we were going to become a family of six rather than five, we needed a vehicle that could hold us all and traded in our sedan. We already have a large minivan and I wanted something better on gas and a bit sportier, so we bought the Grand Touring. The four kids fit fine, though it is umbrella stroller only as there is almost no trunk space. Trips require use of the luggage rack with 5+ people. I love the nimbleness in traffic and the tight turn base and size makes parking a breeze. It definitely has some zoom-zoom compared to other family vans. The 5 is fun to drive, has nice features and I get about 26 mpg.

Perfect Size
By kb on 10/18/08 07:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought a Copper Red Touring model just two weeks ago, after I spent almost a full year researching the 5. We have two young boys and only occasionally need to carry extra passengers, so this vehicle will be perfect for us. We leave the third-row seats folded flat, and it provides more cargo area (and more versatile use of that area) than a typical sedan. I find the ride rather comfortable -- a little stiff on pavement seams, but I think that's a deliberate trade-off Mazda made to achieve the sportier handling in line with its corporate image. And it does handle very nicely. This is our first Mazda, so we're hoping it will be as reliable as the Hondas we've had. So far so good.

Fun and useful all in one package!
By 5For5 on 10/09/08 19:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We traded our Honda Pilot earlier this year for the Mazda5. The Pilot is a great car, but it's not the best if you're short (5'2") like me for getting children, groceries, and strollers in and out. The 5 is awesome! It has tons of room for a wagon or my bike plus room for the children. They can open the doors and get in themselves which is a blessing. And it's so much fun to drive. It's the best part of going to work. :) I haven't enjoyed a car this much since I had my beloved old Escort.

Re-evaluation
By jc on 10/04/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I read a lot of reviews about this vehicle from different websites and after some test drives, we bought this vehicle. I like the features but I totally dislike the stiff leather seats and the stiff ride. The road noise, harshness and vibration are pronounced. We used to have an 05 Toyota Sienna and this is not even a mile close to the comfort of it. This vehicle does have its strengths too but riding comfort is not one of them. I tried the other trims later, the sport and the touring with fabric seats, for comparison and they ride way better than the GT with leather, but still not even close though to the Sienna that I used to have. If I could just turn back the clock...

A Godsend
By mde83 on 09/25/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Copper Red Mazda5 Touring in February. Traded a 2 door sports car. In early March I had a motorcycle accident and really messed up my foot. Have been on a walker ever since (not for much longer hopefully). Anyway, the 5 has been a Godsend. The sliding doors let me get in and out easily with my walker and all. And easily carried my wheelchair around and still had room to haul the groceries. Great utility+good looks! I've had no problems to date. My fuel economy is not great (21ish) but I still cannot think of another vehicle I would rather have. After I got mine, my cousin fell in love with it and bought one. And my father is going to pick one up this weekend

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.