2008 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:
Best small family vehicle
By KK on 03/22/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I cannot say enough about this van. We had a Town and Country for four years. We wanted something with better mpg. We were able to get a loaded Grand Touring for under 25K. I am 5'11 and my husband is 6'1. We have a 5 year old and a 3 year old and we all fit comfortably. It is just what we need - plenty of room for day to day errands like groceries and extra seats when needed. I would never go back to a full size minivan again. I have owned 6 cars previously and this is, BY FAR, the best purchase decision I ever made for a vehicle. We will save close to $900 per year on gas and with all the little extras like blue tooth, leather, dvd, it is fun too. Go get one!

Mazda5 GT
By Mazda5 GT on 03/18/08 14:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a very good family car without the family car look. The rear DVD system is great for the kids while on any trip rather long or short. Little worried about the gas mileage so far.

Perfect Car for Young Family
By memazda on 02/12/08 11:39 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In our opinion there is no better car for a family with young kids and realistic size needs. This is a fun, well thought out and economical car. We love having a manual which is just not an option with most minivans/small SUVs. Also fun to have a car that turns people's heads! We consider this a station wagon with the added bonuses of seating for six and sliding doors versus thinking of it as a mini-minivan. We have the base model with no added options and it is amazing how much Mazda has packed into this car for such a good price. It is a hard to beat combination.

So far so great
By bepc on 02/08/08 23:43 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle that allowed me the full blown feature packed vehicle I wanted for the price I could afford. It's been pretty great for the 600km I have driven it for. With the hills and hwy (Vancouver BC) and slushy rainy sunny weather we have had since I got this thing, it handles very well, although I have not put it to any real heavy duty testing as it's just a baby, lol.

Own an 06 and an 08. Both are great cars
By coolmazda5 on 01/01/08 16:11 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to ride and drive. Sporty feeling. Manual transmission available. Very decent fuel economy for a family car.

Great concept and execution!
By OC on 01/01/08 11:30 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Have been driving this car for almost a week - very pleased so far! Some highlights: Performance is more than adequate (no gas thirsty V6 needed). Freeway driving/merging is a breeze. Very comfortable and roomy interior despite its compact exterior dimensions. Perfect for my family of 4. Gas mileage - still on my first tank of gas! And it can only get better from now. Build quality is flawless. Materials used are top notch (and I have the base Sport model). Stereo sounds good. Great handling at low and high speeds. Short turning radius for easy parking! I highly recommed this car! It is the perfect car for small families (2 kids or less). Go buy one!

Best buy
By Constantin on 12/29/07 17:03 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it in Seattle and had to drive it back to Vancouver WA, at night in the heaviest rain. Car handles great, very responsive brakes and steering. Comfort, I would say, very good. I am 6'3" and did not have to push the seat all the way back to feel comfy. We have 2 kids and they fit just right on the middle seats. Love the sliding doors. The back door opens up so even I won't have to worry about hitting my head. Kids love it, wife loves it. It is the first time I have heard my wife say about a car that is good looking. If you need a sports vehicle with the space but not the looks and feel of a bus go get it!

A great sporty space wagon to drive
By coolmazda5 on 12/15/07 06:06 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

2nd Mazda5 I own. No other family car compares to the versatility, looks, fuel economy and handling

A great small family car to own and driv
By coolmazda5 on 12/13/07 17:04 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2006 and a 2008 Mazda5s. The purchase experience process for the 08 was much better and easier due to the fact that the dealer was friendlier, less pushy, knew more about the car and knew how to drive manual. It also helped that I knew exactly what I was looking for and that it was available.

Best 6 passenger... period
By TampaRon on 12/05/07 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is by far the most under appreciated car on the road. Even though it's been out for a while people look at it and don't know what it is. It's fun to drive, economical, practical and sporty enough to have fun in the mountains of NC which I visit often. The adjustable second row seats are great.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.