The worst car I ever owned, and I owned a '78 Pinto!
By workingmom40 on
2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
This car is the absolute worst, and it is my mission to inform other buyers. When you read the reviews of this car, see how people are happy at first, but quickly the reviews go downhill. My transmission went out at 86,000 miles. Complete rebuild, I kid you not. I have also had to replace the brakes twice before reaching 80,000. And these are the pricy "performace" breaks. Shocks done twice & struts done once at 60,000. Two sets of those crappy "performance" tires. Numerous mfr. warranty repairs due to faulty engine components, and the body is plastic and literally falls off on the freeway! Used the extended warranty so much the company investigated the dealer for possible fraud!
Favorite Features
Hmm, I cannot decide if I like the exterior breaking apart on the road or the 86,000 mile transmission rebuild better (enter sarcasm here.) Hmmm, maybe it's the breaks that always squeak in any weather and need replacing every two years. Possible the way I have to re-route my driving in winter to avoid any hills at all, and I live in Iowa! Oh, wait, I know, the uncomfortably, ridiculously loud ride! Definitely!
Suggested Improvements
Scrap the whole thing before Mazda has a class action lawsuit for violating lemon laws. This is not an exaggeration. This car is so poorly made they should be ashamed of themselves.