As cool as a minivan can be
By Jen on
2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)
I like small cars but need space to carry furniture. This mini minivan is the perfect solution! It drives like a car, with no swaying around corners like the Odyssey or Sienna. Super maneuverability; the turning radius is surprisingly tiny. The cool exterior styling means I don't feel like a soccer mom. Very comfortable interior and handy controls on the steering wheel. Manual shift option is great for driving in the mountains. I'm surprised at mileage complaints. I have carefully recorded my mileage the entire 10 months I've had the car and I average 27 mpg mixed use. Driving style matters, though; I drive no more than 5-8 mph over the speed limit and I don't speed away from stoplights.
Favorite Features
Super handling with small turning radius. Fun to drive! Comfortable on long drives. Cool exterior styling. Easy loading with side sliding doors and wide rear hatch.
Suggested Improvements
More powerful engine. Five-speed auto transmission. A bit more space between the brake and gas pedals, and a driver's seat that goes back about one more inch (I'm 5'11", long legs and size 10 feet).