Used 2007 Mazda Mazda5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda5 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda5 model:

Fun car
By Damo

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It is a great car to have and drives well. Passenger seat in the front can use a hand rest. Gets low on boot space if you use all third row seats. Mileage is not so great as promised.

Favorite Features

Sporty look, good safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat passenger can use a arm rest.

Great little Magic Bus
By BNC

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, roomy little mini-minivan. Have driven 6200 miles in 4 weeks, peppy with 5 speed manual trans, but experiencing the often- reported throttle hesitation. Will try the ECM reflash at the dealer to see if problem is resolved. Tires seem to flatspot on sitting overnight; bumpy ride for first 8-10 miles each morning.

Favorite Features

Sliding mid-row seats, sliding side doors, versatility. Design execution is great!

Suggested Improvements

Better heater flow, which may have been addressed on '08 models. More sound deadening materials in doors/floorboards to quiet the interior. Remote spin-on oil filter would be nice instead of cartridge style filter.

Nice Car!
By Esteban

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Impeccable ride, unbeeeelievable!!! amount of space 45sf with the 3rd row folded and more than 60sf with the 2nd row folded. (Compared to only 14sf of my previous Corolla.) I recently travel overseas and placed 5 big suitcases, 2 carryons and 1 stroller in the car without losing visibility and without folding the 2nd row of seats. Everything in the car is in the right place. Sporty engine and handling and loaded with options for the money. I definitely recommend this car for a young and growing family.

Favorite Features

Space (extremely roomy), sporty engine, comfortable ride, dashboard, visibility, quality interior.

Suggested Improvements

Rear lights design, passenger seat hand rest.

Zoom - Zoom - Squeak
By lazlo67

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive on long, windy roads. Very easy to get kids in and out of. Good fuel economy. Poor quality radio, almost no bass. Also, when you eject a CD, you have to hit insert to get another one in. On my Ford Focus, it prompts you insert another - one less button to push when you are driving. After we got it, we had problems with the rear sliding doors. Wator vapor got into the locks and froze, making it impossible to shut them, they would hit the latch and bounce back. Mazda replaced under warranty. Brakes sounds like a freight train when you back out of the driveway in the morning - very loud and annoying!! I do not think I would purchase a Mazda again. Just not too impressed.

Favorite Features

Navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes!!

Great car (ok, minivan) for the money
By Not your average mom

2007 Mazda Mazda5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I swore I'd never drive a minivan but here I am doing so and actually enjoying it. It is versatile and very easy for the kids to get into and out of by themselves. It gets good gas mileage even in the cold winter months. I have never gotten below 22 mpg on a tank of gas. I love the fact that it is getting more popular and that when I first got it, people were asking me what it was. I love all the spaces to hide things in. I've been accused of having everything but a toilet and sink in it but you won't see any of it. If you live in a really snowy/icy climate you will want to get snow tires. Stock tires perform as expected on the snow but are next to useless on ice.

Favorite Features

Versatility, gas mileage and all the little spaces to hide things.

Suggested Improvements

Paint (it stains and scratches very easily), more peppy engine, improve the reception on the radio, tinted rear windows, AWD option, Xenons option, remote opening of sliding doors (although the existing doors are easy to open) option.