Used 2007 Mazda 5 Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 5 Minivan

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Puts the mini in Minivan
By Martin

2007 Mazda 5 Minivan Grand Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My wife has had one for about 20 months now. This car has proven much more versatile then a more expensive station wagon. Handling is exceptional for a minivan and above average for a car. Between the balanced weight distribution and the independent suspension, this car can actually corner! Also, it can be bought in a stick! which makes it all the more peppier. We drive the car in winter (including last years record breaking one) and it is not the best winter car. But if you buy winter tires you won't get stuck. Reliability: In 35000 km over 18 months of mixed driving the only repair has been a shock absorber on the left rear wheel. Not bad at all.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

Traction control

Minivan that does not look like one
By Anwar Khan

2007 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car for the price. The automatic transmission does not want to shift from 2 to 3 occasionally with out pausing the gas paddle extra hard. I were size 10 shoes and 6 feet tall. The brake and the gas pedal are too close. Love the telescoping steering wheel feature and the gas mileage. Highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Sport-tronic shifter, 3rd row for the kids, sliding doors, road handling

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest, allow more space between brake and gas pedal, privacy windows

Miata with seats for six?
By Zoom-zoom

2007 Mazda 5 Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

My family loves our Mazda5. I bought it for my wife and kid but occasionally drive it myself. My weekend toy is Mazda Miata and this little wagon (Mazda5 is not a minivan!) is the closest thing to it. Considering the size, the handling is amazing and itís lots of fun on a long winding road. Brakes are excellent and on par to my daily driven 5 series BMW (they also dust as much though). Fuel economy is decent, with 32 mpg going 65 mph on a highway and 22-24 around town. It couldíve been better if Mazda offered more engine choices. However, I can see that this car is not for everyone, especially for people who hate driving.

Favorite Features

Versatility, value, quality

Suggested Improvements

Offer more engine choices, like in the rest of the world. Would love to see the TDI engine in the future.

Getting Another
By Tricia

2007 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my 2007 Mazda5! I love it even more now. Unfortunately someone hit me this week and totaled my beloved vehicle. Over $15000 in damage and I feel perfect 3 days after, my 18 mo old son is unhurt. The car did just what it should - protect my family. I called dealer next day and am going to get my 2008 next week. Any car that is this safe as well as fun to drive, nice looking and roomy - what more could you ask for?

Favorite Features

So easy with carseats! I have used it both forward facing and rear facing. The middle seats ability to move back help with the space needed for a rear facing seat.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger armrest - but I hear it will be in my 2008 version

Love it, hate it relationship!
By Love it, hate it!

2007 Mazda 5 Minivan Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Mazda 5 but there are so many small things about it that drive me crazy seems though its brand new. The style of the car is awesome and it is dependable and a low cost car, the mpg wasn't as great as I thought it would be but its not awful. Overall I love the car but NO armrest, come on! The car drives awful in snow, I can't even leave the house, guess it's not a good vehicle for Ohioans. The brakes squeak very loud when backing up. The back door handles freeze. The tires are new but I slide a lot on wet surfaces. The car has an awful vibration that comes and goes, it also vibrates when the windows are down and it feels like your eardrums just popped

Favorite Features

Style, cost, plenty of room for family of 4.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, tires, door hatches, armrest, vibration problem.